Author Topic: New DVD review  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: New DVD review
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 10:20:38 PM »
Well, I really wonder why they even bother to review beyond one or two volumes of DS on these sites.  It's pretty obvious that only a diehard fan would be interested in something that is volume SEVENTEEN of a 1960s soap opera.

If you asked me to write reviews of the DVD releases of "Cheers," "Seinfeld," or "Angel," believe me, the results would NOT be pretty.

G.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 09:07:13 PM »
Looks like DVD verdict is going back and reviewing some of the earlier sets.

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/darkshadows2.php

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/darkshadows3.php
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 09:19:22 PM »
Wow.  Finally somebody *gets* it:

Grayson Hall was the bridge between Hollywood and Broadway, where all the actors on the show came from. She was part of the allure of Dark Shadows, and it's her presence that really kicks up Dark Shadows: DVD Collection Three a couple of notches.

I hope Darren sees this part:

These are great sets that are important to collectors of the show. MPI is a hero in my book for keeping the Dark Shadows torch burning brightly when no networks seem to be airing reruns. I've heard rumblings that the first batch of non-vampire episodes are going to see a release once MPI completes this run of the show. Now if only the movie adaptations of House of Dark Shadows and Night of Dark Shadows could find their way onto DVD (uncut and with special features, please). Or is that too much to hope for? But in a world where a vampire can become a romantic leading man on a daytime soap opera, anything's possible.

Thanks for posting the link, Luciaphil.

G.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 09:48:38 PM »
How nice to read something so respectful for a change. However, I have to object to the "one long episode of 'The Twilight Zone'" comment.

I love DS.....I really do.  But comparing it to  TZ  is absurd. DS was an original series, but based upon many derivative sources. TZ was unlike anything that had ever come before it.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas