Author Topic: Characters you care about.  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Characters you care about.
« on: March 12, 2005, 02:54:03 AM »
What Dark Shadows characters do you care about? How would you've liked for it to turn out for them.

The characters I cared about were Joe Haskell, Chris and Amy Jennings I would have liked for Chris to find a way to break his cuurse and for Joe to be cured from his madness and get back with Maggie.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
Re: Characters you care about.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 03:28:01 AM »
I cared for so many characters at one time or another, and would have liked for some to have ended differently, however had only pleasant things happened well then not much drama would have taken place.   

Although one character I cared for was Sarah Collins and I would have liked very much that although she died in the past, I would have loved to have seen little Sarah once again a living Collins, perhaps as a Boston Cousin who was sent to live with Elizabeth upon the untimely death of her Parents who were also from the Boston Branch... I believe that Barnabas would have thought her to be his sisters incarnation,  perhaps she would have been.   
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 07:47:53 PM »
    I feel the same way. I felt so bad for so many characters. But mostly for Willie Loomis. I would have loved to have seen Maggie give him a chance. Even if they didn't get together, at least he could see if they were suited for one another. ~DJ

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 08:46:19 PM »
I always sort of hoped an entirely NEW female character would show up and come on to Willie.

And not yet another SYT, either.  Nope....Willie needed some wise-crackin' brassy babe to show him a good time.

I'm SURE they could have found ONE actress in all of New York City who could play THAT part! [winkb]

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 12:08:58 AM »
Nah, b/c the gal who really loved him (mom)  was working at a candy shop in Beverly Hills at the time. lol. She  really wanted to visit NY to see John Karlen and all the others during the run of Dark Shadows, but she was so tied up with work. She'd have been awesome on DS had she chosen to be an actress, though. :)

You know, the other one I really felt sorry for, as the second poster said, was Sarah. What an emotional scene it was when she died in Barnabas' arms. I really sobbed when she died. :( That poor little girl. ~DJ

Offline Autumn

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 08:15:59 PM »
The two characters that i cared about the most
were QUENTIN and BARNABAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 09:43:39 PM »
Back in the day, I cared about Julia and Barnabas.

Nowadays, it's Vicki.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
Wow.  Joe and Chris would have made a HOT couple.

didn't I write a story about that, once upon a time???

G.

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 09:52:25 PM »
Joe Haskell and Chris Jennings!!?  [laughing1] ~DJ

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »
Wow.  Joe and Chris would have made a HOT couple.

didn't I write a story about that, once upon a time???

T.

You did.

It was so hot I believe it pulled a Laura and self-ignited. Yes, a case of spontaneous combustion as I recall, mmhm. I figured it would take a hundred years before I'd ever see it again.

And wasn't it banned in Boston, darling?

M.

(...and I thought plowing could only be used in reference to snow or soil. )

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 10:15:28 PM »
First of all there was Sarah. [ghosty]  She was a baby. An  innocence, baby.  These things that happened to her, should not have happened to her.  And I've always held "these things" against the Collins'. They should have looked out for her, protect her, stand in front of her against the world.  To the Collins' and those that are intertwined  "Shame on you. You cared more for yourself then Sarah."

Next, and I know this is going to get some replies, Angelique.   [Witch_Potion_Animated]
She gave herself to Barnabas, and it was pretty darn good for Barnabas, until her met another girl and then he "ran" off, back to America, sends for Josette and here comes Angelique with her, because she is the maid, and Barnabas, him and Josette will get married and forget Angelique.......I don't think so.  Go get him Angelique.  The only thing that she did wrong was with Sarah.

Barnabas [blackbat]  I feel sorry for him.  They way he mopes around that house is....well, you feel sorry for him.  First of all it was Josette, then Vicki.  Not to mention Roxanne, and Racheal Drummond.  Thru it all, there was Angelique.  Its like she was saying.."I'm right here"  He finally heard her.

Quentin [Wolfie] [gramophone]  He was bad at first, but you know, we liked it.  Then he had this werewolf thing going, I started worrying about him.  Where is he tonight?  Is he alright?  Will he get home alright?  Just worry.

And Beth [Candle] she's the one who did all of the worrying for Quentin.  She would have married him in a minute....werewolf or not.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 02:55:32 AM »
the characters i most genuinely care about are vicki,elizabeth,carolyn and maggie.meaning that thier welfare as human beings is important to me(as far as fictitious t.v.characters go ;)).things didn't always turn out so well ::).
i grew to greatly appreciate julia and angelique but didn't really "care" about them as much.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 06:32:10 PM »
Well, as others have already said, Chris Jennings and Joe Haskell, definitely I cared for them.  And I also felt really badly for Maggie during her imprisonment and brainwashing at the hands of Barnabas.  I so wanted her to get away.  And when Maggie and Joe broke up, it was truly a moment that I cared about the characters, and wanted better for them.

Bad as he was, I cared about David, esp. in the early days.  Look at all the crap he had to deal with:   scary monster for a mother, and an emotionally detached and likely uncaring father.

Although she isn't a fan favorite, I cared for Rachel Drummond [spoiler]and felt terribly sad for her when she died.[/spoiler]

Even watching this show as a kid, I never wanted Barnabas to be exposed as a vampire, so I guess I cared for him too.

And of course, Dr. Julia Hoffman is my favorite character, so I definitely care for her.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 05:50:57 AM »
First of all there was Sarah. [ghosty]  She was a baby. An  innocence, baby.  These things that happened to her, should not have happened to her.  And I've always held "these things" against the Collins'. They should have looked out for her, protect her, stand in front of her against the world.  To the Collins' and those that are intertwined  "Shame on you. You cared more for yourself then Sarah."

Next, and I know this is going to get some replies, Angelique.   She gave herself to Barnabas, and it was pretty darn good for Barnabas, until her met another girl and then he "ran" off, back to America, sends for Josette and here comes Angelique with her, because she is the maid, and Barnabas, him and Josette will get married and forget Angelique.......I don't think so.  Go get him Angelique.  The only thing that she did wrong was with Sarah.

Terry...the only thing Angelique did wrong was with Sarah? ???  But you blame the Collins family for not protecting Sarah.  :o  From Angelique, I might add.  Sarah's blood is all over Angelique's hands.  Hardly a trivial matter.  I don't see how Angelique loving Barnabas before Josette fell in love with him makes any difference where the life of an innocent child is concerned.  I have as much compassion for Angelique as she does for others - unless, of course, it serves her purpose at the time.  A couple of charitable acts in a life full of destruction does not a Girl Scout make.

Countess

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 06:04:25 AM »
Of course, Barnabas.  Not just for his vampirism (though that's enough, don't you think?), but because he was obsessed with Josette and couldn't move on with his life.  I cared about Julia because she pretty much abandoned her career to tend to Barnabas and the Collins clan almost exclusively.  Ever notice that a good scare sent any other woman on DS to bed in an elegant nightgown, pleasantly sedated while good ol' Dr. Hoffman trudged on with no sleep, her life constantly in danger and hopelessly in love with an emotionally unavailable man.  >:( I came to care for Willie because I always felt he'd had a hard life before coming to Collinsport, became Barnabas' victim and, eventuallly, his contemporary.  I cared about David ( although he could be a pain in the a$$ sometimes) because his family was so dysfunctional.  Really, too many to mention.

Countess