REVerend Trask
3 (15.8%)
Nicholas Blair (RT)
2 (10.5%)
Evan Hanley
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: March 26, 2005, 03:19:50 PM

Author Topic: Trask vs. Nicholas Blair  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Trask vs. Nicholas Blair
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 04:23:13 AM »
Reverend Trask seemed to legitimately believe in what he was doing. Not saying that makes him a good person (plenty of evil people have believed in their causes), but in this crowd, he's ranking pretty darn high in the good qualities department.

Evan Hanley - eh, pathetic really. Kind of like the Satanists in The Seventh Victim, ultimately just a hack loser.

Nicholas Blair...I do believe in evil and I definitely think he qualified as such. OTOH, it's like hating the third assistant vice president of a failing international corporation. The guy shows up, he does his job comparatively well, when all about him are running around like the incompetents they are and when the chips are down, he's willing to deal. At least Nicholas doesn't really go out of his way to play a nice guy.

Gruesome Gregory - Child abuser, bigot, misogynist, possibly molester, killer. And he's a hypocrite to boot. He wins hands down.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 05:08:32 PM »
That's very cool that you brought up the Seventh Victim, Luciaphil.  That's such an intriguing movie.

I always wonder whether Polanski had seen it in film school.  The banality of the Satanists in the final scene of Rosemary's Baby reminds me a lot of the 7th Victim.

G.

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 07:53:27 AM »
Gregory Trask. This man planned the murder of his wife tried to place the blame on an innocent man, Drove his second wife insane, romanced a rich widow, who ended up killing herself, tried to take control of the Collins fortune, enjoyed saditically abusing helpless children, he tried to get Edward to kill Quentin, and really didn't even seem to care about his own daughter.

Evan Hanely seemed to be a pretty second rate satanist, he sure wanted to send Angelique back when she started showing up in the flames. He let Trask blackmail him into making Timothy Shaw murder Minerva. (Why didn't he just kill Trask?)

Reverand Trask was a nut case, fanatic, lunny. Who was in love with the idea of driving evil from the world. Although he seemed to take a sadistic pleasure in frightening beautiful young women.

Nicholas Blair for being a servant of the devil just didn't really do have of the evil things that Gregory Trask did. He also didn't seem to get as good a storyline as Gregory Trask did.

So, Gregory Trask is definatly the more evil of these characters.