Author Topic: Things to Hate About DS  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Things to Hate About DS
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2005, 07:34:08 PM »
Joe Haskell's last episode
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2005, 03:42:57 AM »
As for what I hate about Dark Shadows... I hate that it was canceled.

Me too.

I was gonna say that--so I just did!! (Thanks, MB, for pointing out we can say it again, LOL.)

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 03:43:23 AM »
Another, albiet minor red herring:  Willie plants some of Josette's earrings in Maggie's purse.  When she finds them and puts them on, she seems to become possessed.  She does this for a few episodes, then nothing ever comes of it.

I always wondered about this until my husband and I discussed this at lengths. What you were seeing there was schizophrenia. The definition I found online is: {A mental disorder that causes a separation between the thought processes and the emotions. Consumers may experience confusion of reality with hallucinations and/or delusions and may become paranoid. A change in personality with bizarre behavior may occur.} While being held captive by Barnabas, Maggie was told constantly that she was Josette. Not only was she told this by Barnabas but Willie, as well. At one point, she even started to believe it. Soon, it got to the point where she either believed she was Josette or she'd die. No one wants to die. Maggie obviously clung to life in those days by a thread and would have been irrevocably traumatized if Julia hadn't numbed those memories for a while. Then when Maggie found the earrings in her purse and put them on, back came the Josette persona that was instilled in her during her stay at the old house.

I don't think this story between Maggie and Willie during the Adam storyline was just something for them to do. It made perfect sense. I guess they figured it would give the fans who wanted to see Maggie regain her memory a sense of satisfaction that she finally did. Unfortunately, she couldn't keep it, lest they'd have to get rid of either Maggie or Barnabas and perhaps even Willie. And I don't think they were willing to do that. I wouldn't. I think they're all great.

Here are the things I hate about DS:

1.) Jeff Clark
    2.) Willie and Maggie never got together
    3.) Lack of character development for the so-called smaller characters. 
    4.) Barnabas professed his love to Angelique... why?
    5.) THEY KILLED RACHEL!
    6.) They killed Carl... :'(
          and last but not least:
    7.) I wasn't on it.

~DJ

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2005, 05:10:05 AM »
Carl's last episode. >:(

Yes I agree! Barnabas should not have done away with the only Collins with a sense of humor! I believe Carl would have listened to Barnabas, he would have understood and kept the family secret.

oh yes and that strange person with an even stranger attraction to his hair. 
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2005, 06:44:08 AM »
I was gonna say that--so I just did!! (Thanks, MB, for pointing out we can say it again, LOL.)

[wink2]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2005, 01:46:15 PM »
    Yes I agree! Barnabas should not have done away with the only Collins with a sense of humor! I believe Carl would have listened to Barnabas, he would have understood and kept the family secret.

The most annoying thing about Carl's death was that it was just lazy writing.  If they had to get JK out of the schedule, they really COULD have written it better.

But Barnabas wasn't really to blame for this one (make a note of this date, Pepe....I'm cutting Barn some slack here!)....it was Quentin who sent his own brother to his demise.  [angry7]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2005, 07:22:59 PM »
make a note of this date, Pepe....I'm cutting Barn some slack here!

It's been duly noted on the forum's calendar!  [b003]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2005, 11:01:07 PM »
 [suspicious_figure]

MB....YOU crack me up.

Rainey...the above is titled "Suspicious Figure"....are you okay Rainey??  ;)

Patti

BTW...I saw Rainey's 'tenderness' for Barn not on the thread, but on the calendar!!
What a Woman!

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2005, 12:11:09 AM »
Never thought I'd see the day when Raineypark cut Barnabas some slack.  Surprise is too mild a word...shock, maybe?   ;)

Let's see, hate may be taking things too far, however I strongly dislike the characters of Jeff Clark, Ned Stuart and Hallie Stokes.

Although Jerry Lacy does a fabulous job with the part, I really hate the character of Lamar Trask.  He just icks me out.   Sorta love to hate the other Trasks.  Does that count?

Makes me sad that Joel Crothers left the show - he was excellent.  Would have really liked to see him play another bad guy on DS - he was so good at it.

Also dislike that they didn't do more with some of the minor and secondary characters, actors.  Would have loved to have seen more of Elizabeth Eis, Jane Draper, the Powell "siblings" (both Addison and Lovelady), whoever that chick was that played the most eeeeeeeeeeeevil woman of the 18th century (Danielle Roget), and some others.

Really don't like the 1841PT storyline.  I've tried and tried, but it just leaves me kinda blah!

Oh, I have one.  I hate that Tony Peterson and Sky Rumson never took their shirts off!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2005, 05:04:02 AM »
Well, I hate how bored and tierd JF looked during the dream curse/ Adam story.

I hate that Josette was never given the opportunity to confront her enemy Angelique.

i hate that, with all the time traveling, Barnabas did not return to 1795 to live out his life as he should have done married to Josette and raising a family.

I hate that they introduced warewolves.

I hate that they made Dr. Hoffman fall in love with Barnabas. She lost all her edge after that.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2005, 06:28:15 AM »
I hate that Josette was never given the opportunity to confront her enemy Angelique.

Well...I like to think that the scene in 1897 [spoiler]when Josette's reincarnation, Kitty Soames, meets Angelique for the first time, shrieks at her, "You!  You were watching me, you've always watched me!" and proceeds to wring the witch's neck is just such a belated confrontation scene.  Somewhere in Kitty's unconscious, Josette was determined to get her revenge.  >:D  There's a nice still frame of this scene somewhere on the Caption This! board.[/spoiler]

i hate that, with all the time traveling, Barnabas did not return to 1795 to live out his life as he should have done married to Josette and raising a family.

I hate that they made Dr. Hoffman fall in love with Barnabas. She lost all her edge after that.

Agreed.  Once Barnabas mastered the I-Ching wands, why on Earth did he not hop back to 1794 to prevent all the bloodshed and tragedy caused by his affair with Angelique?  And, I do think that Julia became a doormat once she fell for Barnabas (please have mercy on me, Graysonphiles!)  The only other times where I could recognize the original iron Julia was in the early Leviathan period when she and Barnabas were at odds and during the haunting of 1970.  Julia had many other fine moments throughout the show, but on the whole she was much more deferential and prone to hysterics after Barnabas than when she was just beginning to treat Maggie.  :-

ProfStokes

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2005, 07:23:43 PM »
I hate that Chris Jennings never found a way to break his curse.

I hate that Joe Haskell wasn't cured from his madness and got back with Maggie.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2005, 09:46:44 PM »
Really don't like the 1841PT storyline.  I've tried and tried, but it just leaves me kinda blah!

I *think it's because we know it's the end.. :'(

Oh, I have one.  I hate that Tony Peterson and Sky Rumson never took their shirts off!

lololol Good One!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2005, 09:59:27 PM »
Speaking of 1841 PT....I hate that the show didn't end in the present time, with the characters it first intruduced to us, the characters audience knew and care about. That just really bugs me.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2005, 01:56:50 AM »
Speaking of 1841 PT....I hate that the show didn't end in the present time, with the characters it first intruduced to us, the characters audience knew and care about. That just really bugs me.
i wonder if the show's cancellation was abrupt?perhaps if they had known about it months in advance they would have returned to the present and tied up the lose ends.it does seem odd that they ended the show in another time period(and a p.t. one at that).
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.