Author Topic: OT: This Isn't Really A Topic We Would Post On The Forum...  (Read 364 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: OT: This Isn't Really A Topic We Would Post On The Forum...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 05:00:18 AM »
I guess there isn't "too much television" is fair is offered to those interested and a buck can be made for those involved.  Seriously, I don't know why I have cable with 500 channels (and not a one subscription, let alone the netflix and other stuff that can be "downloaded").  Why am I wasting money on something that only has a few things I actually watch?  There's now that new thing - I forget now what it's called but it's being advertised - where you can pick so many channels you want starting at 20 bucks a month.  You get x-amount for that 20 bucks.  If you want more, you pay for more.  Makes sense to me.  Maybe I'll look into it.  Even SyFy has gotten dull and I haven't watched it for months.  I'd rather watch My Big, Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC.

Remember the days of three channels?  CBS, NBC and ABC?  PBS only came across the UHF (or was it VHF?) channel on the "alternate" knob that had to be tuned like a radio.  You got a fuzzy image of Big Bird.  You still didn't have time to watch everything.  After the local 10:00 p.m. (CST; 11:00 p.m. EST), some of the major networks offered a movie, and if they didn't the local affiliates did.  On weekends, there might be a second movie.  After that, it was The Star Spangled Banner (as was shown in Poltergeist) and the station announcing it was signing off.  Then came the sign-off screen with the American Indian in the center followed by "snow" (also in Poltergeist).  Let's be honest - do we really watch more than that today?

Gerard