Author Topic: My New Scary Show Addiction  (Read 1148 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
My New Scary Show Addiction
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:59:43 PM »
I noticed another thread discussing the scariest moment on DS.  While I admit that DS definitely had its moments, I recently found something that sent quarter size Goosebumps down my spine.  The thing is, I've become so jaded over the years having seen and read so many horror films and books that I rarely feel scared of anything.  Then, along comes the new show Medium giving me a whole new lease on spooky thrills!  I am specifically speaking of a short scene from the show which ran a week ago last Monday.  Allison is walking through a hospital and is barraged by the confused spirits of the newly passed on.  May I just say OMG - if that wasn't one of the most chilling, extremely well done ghost scenes ever!  Not since the Q man placed those calls on that 19th century version of a cordless phone have I been so completely CREEPED out!  Anyone else catch that one and know what I mean?
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My New Scary Show Addiction
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:25:01 PM »
I actually do my best to catch that show every week. It's quite chilling, but not in a gory way. I like that. More suspenseful things (i.e. The Sixth Sense) were far more interesting to me than movies of pure gore.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 06:57:27 AM »
Those reality shows really scare me.  I hate Fear Factor.  It's so gross.

luv,victoriawinters
Don't click here.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 10:43:51 PM »
Not since the Q man placed those calls on that 19th century version of a cordless phone

Haha...that's a good one Castlebee!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 05:39:48 AM »
I was TiVOing Medium at times . .always FF the family & husband i'm afraid . ..and the shows only been on 1/2 season but already her "brother" and "child" have the gift too?  is there a yawn emicon?
Julia99

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 07:18:29 PM »
and the shows only been on 1/2 season but already her "brother" and "child" have the gift too?  is there a yawn emicon?

Yeah, I see your point with that; they need to get a grip on the family talent thing and not let it get too out of hand - or they may have to rename the show "Mediums". Still, the actual stories are interesting and unique enough that they and manage to pull me in every week.  That's way more than I can say about 99.9% of the repetitive, no talent offerings out there in our current age of Reality Trashvision. [repuke] I will be so glad when this fad runs its course [offtheair].  I'm starting to turn to my DS DVD collection more and more.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 10:19:08 PM »
is there a yawn emicon?

There sure is:  [boring]

But so far as Medium is concerned, I agree with CastleBee that for the most part the actual stories are different enough from the norm to be interesting. And I actually enjoy the parts where she discusses/deals with her gift with her husband because the repercussions of being a pychic, how she "fits" into society at large, and trying to balance it all are big dilemmas in their lives. Without that angle, the show wouldn't be half as interesting as it is.