Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1169  (Read 437 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1169
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:38:17 AM »
Robservations #1169

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1169

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 12:52:11 AM »
Valerie comes on the reprise of yesterday. Gerard is hostile and finally leaves. Valerie says she helped Barnabas for love and there is no price; and she will always love him. She has lifted the curse although I'm sure in other times she was unable and theoretically this is not her curse, but the Leviathan. Maybe that is why she can lift it? More of the unfinshed Sam Hall.
Julia, clearly jealous says it's all madness to believe her. Barnabas  says he must believe her. Julia realizes she has gone too far and Barnabas has noticed so she quickly says she cares as a friend. I really like these scenes because of the acting even though the set up is terrible.
Gabe has gotten only 1/2 of his check and Gerard explains it's because of the cost of the trial. Really?
Barnabas comes in raving about the day to Valerie. He gets out of her that she thinks that Judah is possessing Q and he was the one who made her a witch. He convinces her that Gerard is the threat . This scene should have happened before she took the curse off Barnabas.
Julia and Gebe talk and he hears Daniels voice, Julia does not. Daniel appears and says he murdered me. Later Gabe comes in Drawing room via the secret panel and hits Gerard over the head and begins to strangle him.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:14:29 PM »
Barnabas, Valerie and Julia seem to have fun toying with Gerard. Gerard is of course furious and this battle may have just begun.
Valerie says that she wants nothing in return for removing the curse. Barnabas and Julia are understandably skeptical. Julia is jealous and warns him not to trust Angelique.
At Collinwood, Gerard tries to get Julia to admit that there is only one Barnabas. Obviously, he doesn't know Julia.
Valerie gives Barnabas her origin of Miranda and her connection to Judah Zachary. He is quickly able to convince her that Judah is possessing Gerard and not Quentin.
In other news, Gabriel is being haunted by the ghost of his father and makes use of the secret panel in an attempt to strangle Gerard.
Rather a pivotal episode here, as the relationship between Angelique and Barnabas moves to a new level. There is a certain amount of trust between the two of them that wasn't there before. My main issue with this development is that the change in Angelique is too abrupt and not enough of it happens on screen. 1840 Angelique was pretty vicious with Roxanne and Julia not that many episodes ago and this more mellow Angelique doesn't ring completely true. By contrast, the Angelique who went through 1897 and the Leviathan story was a much more wellrounded character.
Fade Away and Radiate