Author Topic: Miss Scott's clothes by Junior Sophisticates  (Read 645 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Miss Scott's clothes by Junior Sophisticates
« on: July 07, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »
Some of you may find this article from 1970 about TLATKLS of interest:

http://www.collinsporthistoricalsociety.com/2017/07/kathryn-leigh-scott-and-junior.html

cheers, G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Miss Scott's clothes by Junior Sophisticates
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:33:39 PM »
That brought back memories because I have that article. Though the original version doesn't have the color screen cap, speaking of which, I don't have even the slightest memory of Maggie's outfit in it. I guess I'd blocked it out of my mind for, well, what I suppose is an obvious reason. It's not exactly the best example of KLS' Junior Sophisticates look. But maybe picking something that hideous was intentional? Or maybe it's an example of one of the things KLS whipped up herself - in which case it's even worse...

One thing that is missing, though, is a non-Junior Sophisticates photo of KLS as Rachel - the one of her holding a candelabra while standing in front of Barnabas' portrait. I've always liked that one...

Thanks for sharing the link, Gothick, and bringing back the memory. [easter_smiley]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »
I guess that the Junior Sophisticates deal was one of the things that earned her the nickname Kathryn Leigh Star. 🌟 🌟

The article is a bit strange. It's stated that since she befriended the designer, she stopped sewing. Yet just a few paragraphs later, it states that when she makes an outfit she does a few tries with cheaper fabrics like crepe and muslin.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 07:25:52 PM »
I noticed that, too - though I took it as maybe being included as advice to women who sew some of their own clothes?

And something I realized after I'd posted earlier is that screen cap is from 1970PT (and I picked up on that because of the couch in the background). And as we know, 1970PT is much more colorful and often more garish than normal time, so that makes Maggie's outfit more understandable within that storyline. But IF it's Junior Sophisticates, well, there is no such thing as PT that we're aware of, so that means it was intended for women in this band of time [nodassent], so my reaction is still WHOA!!  [yikes]

Does anyone remember if KLS was still getting the Junior Sophisticates credit in 1970PT? Or was that only in Leviathans and Summer of 1970?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 07:40:36 PM »
MB, I'm glad you enjoyed the little article.  I mainly remember the Junior Soph credit from PT 1970.  It might have continued for Summer of 1970; it's been so long since I watched any of those episodes I can't recall now.

LOL, I often think of when these fans were visiting Grayson at home in '73 and they made a tape recording of their conversation.  They were talking about big stars who go to Europe and make films in the context of KLS's film career (since she had moved to Paris) and Grayson deadpanned, "Katie Scott is NOT a big star."  I always laugh when I hear that.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »
I mainly remember the Junior Soph credit from PT 1970.

Then some of their line must have been really out there - even for 1970!!

it's been so long since I watched any of those episodes

Same here - probably not since 2006 - which is why I asked...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 11:28:38 PM »
needless to say it's one of my favorite credits...

i seem to recall it first appearing during the Leviathan period. i feel like i saw it across the antique shop set a lot. and it certainly continued into the summer when "Miss Scott" and a few others threw themselves into the then-raging mini/midi/maxi debate with gusto (apparently Joan did not approve).

thanks, G. i saw this on FB and thought about you.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.