Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1168  (Read 433 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1168
« on: July 05, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
Robservations #1168

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1168

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 09:16:17 PM »
Gerard finds a note on dead Trask. The skeleton one that is, the live one looks pretty ghastly also. The letter is from A. Trask puts things together and comes up with Angelique and Barnabas is a Vampire. Gerard overhears Julia and Barnabas talk and they suspect he is up to no good.
Back at  the Great House, Carrie learns Gerard took Ben's diary and she feels he has become harsh. Julia finds her sad in the drawing room and learns about the diary.
Trask has a gun with silver bullets and Gerard has the plans for the Old house which show a secret room behind the bookcase. Now how stupid would it be to put the secret room in the plans and how surprising that they would be in the main house.  Gerard goes with gun to Old House, pulls it on Julia and Barnabas comes in at 2 PM.  Well, sort of surprised. I had forgotten this plot point, but  on this watching I could see it heading in that direction.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »
Trask and Gerard jump to a lot of conclusions when they read that note. The conclusions are correct but i don't see how the initial A leads to Angelique being a witch, Barnabas being a vampire and Valerie and Barnabas being the original versions. Interestingly, no suspicions are raised about Julia.
Having the secret room (at least one of them) on the old house blueprints seems to defeat the purpose of it being a secret.
To get further proof of their suspicions, Trask and Gerard take Ben Stokes' diary. Carrie isn't too pleased and wants it back pronto. Gerard's facade cracks a bit and Carrie is understandably unnerved.
Gerard overhears a conversation between Julia and Barnabas. It's clear that they are on to him but he isn't sure exactly what they know.
Convinced that Barnabas is a vampire, Gerard makes a daytime visit to the old house armed with silver bullets. Julia is unable to stop him from entering. As he fumbles trying to open the bookcase, he hears a familiar voice behind him.
Pretty good cliffhanger!
Fade Away and Radiate