Author Topic: Notes on DS fandom history  (Read 573 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Notes on DS fandom history
« on: June 10, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »
Anyone interested in the history of DS fandom might want to read this short entry on the Fanlore site.  There are a couple of peculiar typographical errors, but some interesting info is given. What is provided is only a very brief outline of the history as it is known to me (and I'm far from an authority on it since I was not at all connected to the fandom before around 1995).

https://fanlore.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows

There's a link to another page that provides a listing of DS fanzines--I haven't checked that out yet.

Best, G.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Notes on DS fandom history
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »
I stumbled across my first issue of The World of Dark Shadows quite by accident in 1982. I still remember the cover blurb: Gerard and Daphne, Young and Ghostly. I attended my first fan event, Shadowcon in 1983. In some ways, it's hard to believe that I've been doing this for over forty years and that fandom has far outlasted the series itself.
Thanks so much for sharing this article, Gothick. It really was a trip down memory lane. Some of the people mentioned have become close friends. Others have vanished into the past. And I was quite thrilled to see my name listed as a contributor in several issues of TWODS
Fade Away and Radiate