Author Topic: Random Musings on 1795...could contain spoilers  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Random Musings on 1795...could contain spoilers
« on: May 23, 2017, 03:30:46 AM »
If you haven't watched 1795 in a while (or ever), don't read.

Humm....where to begin.

I really thought Ben was an indentured servant, not a convict!

I don't remember which scene someone goes into the living room (old house still), and there's a man building a fire, and I thought it was Ben with a haircut.

I just finished the ep where Jeremiah dies. Few things: when he appears to Josette just at the moment of death, is it Louis in the head wrap (if you look, it really does seem like him/Louis)?

In this disc set...he was there...Trask...I was hooting & hollering!!!!

I LOVED that Vicki smacked him upside the head!!

I know, now that Burke/Jeremiah is gone, where the show is going. I also know how many characters will be leaving in a shortish while....and, I remember who is coming...MB's favorite of all time!

Gotta say the 2nd or third different scene w/Trask, he was scarier in 1897.

Glad to say, I remember Abigail's 'departure'.  And Angeliques, Josette's,  [easter_cry] [easter_cry] Naomi's AND TRASKS!!!

So, where the hell was Phyllis Wick from..1795? Was she supposed to be Sarah's governess?

Funny, I really had no idea how many eps Sarah was in in RT 1967; thought she was in alot more of 1795, just saw her this evening.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Musings on 1795...could contain spoilers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »
I won't swear it's not Louis, but the part has been credited to Timothy Gordon. However, who knows? That day he  might have been unavailable. Kathryn stood in for Josette's ghost. Still it seems doubtful because I think Louis would have mentioned it. True his memories of the series were sketchy, but getting done up in that much makeup and gore would seem memorable and worthy of an anecdote.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:51:56 PM »
I think indentured servant and convict are basically the same thing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »
I think indentured servant and convict are basically the same thing.

A convict might be a type of indentured servant. I'm not sure about that, but most indentured servants entered into the relationship willingly albeit almost certainly out of desperation. Indentured servitude was a contract usualy exchanging labor for a specified number of years in return for passage to the country in question. Sometimes it could be used to repay a loan.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
Phyllis Wickes was Sarah's governess in the "original" timeline of 1795.  Phyllis and Vicki switched places when that bizarre seance occurred.  In the history book, it said that Phyllis was tried and convicted for practicing witchcraft at Collinwood, so presumably she was the one Angelique originally framed to divert suspicion from herself.

Sarah was in the episode of Vicki's arrival in 1795.  I thought Sarah was much nicer alive than she had been as a ghost.

G.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 07:58:26 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, Timothy Gordon played the ghost of Jeremiah but Addison Powell did the voice.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 08:18:25 PM »
I don't remember which scene someone goes into the living room (old house still), and there's a man building a fire, and I thought it was Ben with a haircut.

That would have been Collins servant Riggs, played by Dan Morgan, though I don't honestly recall if Morgan is ever credited on the show. Riggs pops up several times, particularly during a situation in Josette's life.

I LOVED that Vicki smacked him upside the head!!

Yes! Vicki slapping Trask is a very satisfying moment!!  [nodassent]

and, I remember who is coming...MB's favorite of all time!

Though he isn't as bad as Jeff Clark!! Unfortunately for Vicki, he's mostly an inept dufus, earning him the nickname -

- Bozo Bradford!!  [b003]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »
Though he isn't as bad as Jeff Clark!! Unfortunately for Vicki, he's mostly an inept dufus, earning him the nickname -

- Bozo Bradford!!  [b003]

HA HA HA LOLOLOLOLOL omg

Patti
What a Woman!