Author Topic: Floating heart - painful hindrance  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Floating heart - painful hindrance
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 02:30:01 PM »
Either that or you all really dislike meĀ  8)

[size=8]WE LOVE YOU LUCIAPHIL!![/size]

What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 07:18:31 PM »
If I understand the whole cures/curses thing correctly, it used to be more desirable to be cured. Then something happened and suddenly it was the other way around.

That's exactly right.

I'm too tired to go poking around for the original message (dialup is a drag)

Everything is explained in the "*** A Karmic Change ***" topic, which is stickied at the top of this board.  :)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »
PS  Mr. MB.....I'll tell ya something you can work on with the floating thing:  Once someone clicks it, it shouldn't reappear when you go back to the page it was on.  Example:  I'm on the page to post a reply.  I saw it and clicked it and it went to the page that tells you if you got cursed or cured.  Then when you go back to continue what you were posting, it keeps floating around but it's USED - it's the one you clicked.  You can't keep re-clicking it 'cause you get the message that a cousin already clicked it.  Soooo....it should be made to disappear once it's been used.  Know what I mean?  The old thing shouldn't still be floating around on the page it was on when it was clicked already.
How would THAT be for a programming challenge?

Unfortunately, going back to the previous page means going back to a page that's already been created, and it's impossible to remove code from an already created page. However, once you've gone back, if you click on your browser's "Reload" button, a brand new instance of the page will be created for you, and more than likely any floating image won't be displayed. Although, on the off chance that one is, it would be a new version of the image and would be clickable for new curses or cures (well, unless someone beats you to it).

God, I need a life.  THIS is what happens when I wake up in the middle of the night and post something at 4:09 Eastern Standard Time.  (If this time is incorrect, I'm sure MB will be gracious enough to correct me)   ;)

No need - everyone can already see that you posted at  04:10:44am/ET.  [wink2]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 01:35:26 AM »
If nothing else, my karma has seriously changed  :o

(During the Christmas/mistletoe, my 'puter was down, so, the few min/day I could log on at work, I didn't bother....was the karma changed then too?)

I showed my daughter (the one who hates DS) the 'floating' and she wanted to play, so:

KUDOS TO MB :D :D :D

and....kudos to 'TPTB' for the Caption This board....how tres tres!

Thank you so very much,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 03:05:57 AM »
If nothing else, my karma has seriously changed  :o

(During the Christmas/mistletoe, my 'puter was down, so, the few min/day I could log on at work, I didn't bother....was the karma changed then too?)

For an explanation, search the Testing board for "floating mistletoe".  Or check topics on Testing made around Christmastime, 2004.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 03:02:39 PM »
I love the title of this thread. 

Youse computer kids, you gots a language all yer own.     As for the karma, I've noticed that the people with a sense of humor get staggeringly high negative votes, so being in their company is an honorable thing.     In fact, I'm going to be upset if more people don't vote against me toot sweet.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 08:02:44 PM »
As for the karma, I've noticed that the people with a sense of humor get staggeringly high negative votes

Truthfully, the majority of the people who have high cures got them because they were unfortunate enough to catch the cures floaties when they were passing by on their monitor screens.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2005, 04:32:43 AM »
If I understand the whole cures/curses thing correctly, it used to be more desirable to be cured. Then something happened and suddenly it was the other way around. I'm too tired to go poking around for the original message (dialup is a drag).

Either that or you all really dislike me  8)

I think it's more desirable to be cursed now, right?  Oh well, either way, if you play with that joker on April 1, you'll be cursed more ways than one!  LOL  ;)
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2005, 04:45:40 AM »
As for the karma, I've noticed that the people with a sense of humor get staggeringly high negative votes

Truthfully, the majority of the people who have high cures got them because they were unfortunate enough to catch the cures floaties when they were passing by on their monitor screens.

You got that RIGHT!!!!   [8311] [smash] [6184] [a395] [90d1] [5323]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/