Author Topic: T. David Questions: Could Contain Spoilers  (Read 991 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
T. David Questions: Could Contain Spoilers
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:05:56 AM »
If you haven't watched eps 100-200, this may be spoilage for you.

Okay, Matthew is currently hiding out at the Old House. (I had never actually seen these before.)

I won't ask how/when he 'isn't around' anymore; just, approximately how many eps between T. David as MM, and Ben Stokes?

In T. David's life, does anyone know what he was doing?

Thanks

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: T. David Questions: Could Contain Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »
Without looking it up, I believe we see Matthew for the last time[spoiler]in episode 126, so there are about 83 episodes until Barnabas arrives.[/spoiler]There are, I think, 155 Early Barnabas eps, and Ben shows up very early in 1795, so I'd say about 240 episodes give or take. I'm ignoring preemptions. That's almost a year.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 03:56:07 PM »
I believe he spent that year shopping for antiques with KLS.  [lol2]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »
Thayer David was a really busy actor.  Around that time, again without checking references, I think he appeared in the stage production of ROYAL HUNT OF THE SUN and a short lived musical version of BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S (he played Rusty Trawler, if I remember correctly--a very minor role) and a TV staging of THE CRUCIBLE as well as an episode of the fabulous Peter Falk series TRIALS OF O'BRIEN, on which Grayson also appeared (they were in separate episodes, and I wish to Hell the series would come out on home video--it's an important slice of TV history).  And that's just what I can recall off the top of my head.

It's kind of ironic that so many of us remember Thayer from DS because it was really a fairly minor episode in his career.

G.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »
Thayer did some TV work during this period. He was a  villain on The Wild, Wild West. He also did a TV adaptation of The Crucible, which featured Clarice Blackburn, Kathy Cody, Dana Elcar and John Harkins in supporting roles. Thayer also did a fair amount of theatre during this period. Some Broadway, some off Broadway.
A good deal of the time was spent with Holly Golightly, a musical adaptation of Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was produced by David Merrick, who had recently produced Hello, Dolly!, among other major successes. It starred Mary Tyler Moore and Richard Chamberlain, who had both just finished work on very popular series. The book was written Abe Burrows, who had written Guys and Dolls and lots of other plays. It should have been a success. But it bombed. Big time. It made it into NYC but closed after 4 previews.
I don't know if Thayer sang in the play. He played the part of Rusty Trawler. In the original film, the part was played by Stanley Adams. You may know Stanley from his role as Tybo, the giant talking carrot on Lost in Space.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 06:18:27 PM »
Stanley Adams was fabulous.  He was also in STAR TREK as the guy who got the whole "Trouble with Tribbles" started...

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »
It's kind of ironic that so many of us remember Thayer from DS because it was really a fairly minor episode in his career.

Very true. But he was so amazing on DS. How could anyone who saw him on DS forget him for it?

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 08:07:50 PM »
Also in the Tiffany's musical was Paul Michael, King Johnny Romano!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 04:28:16 AM »
a TV staging of THE CRUCIBLE

Wow! What character did he play?

I cannot for any stretch of the imagination picture T.D. in Breakfast. I just can't (again, I'm watching him as scruffy Matthew Morgan).

Very cool that so many of his current or to be current co-workers from DS were in this; it was at the same time I'm assuming...?

Where was this, Broadway?

Thanks

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 04:34:37 AM »
The only other time I've seen the 'early eps' was in what 2001ish (on Sci-Fy), and, I didn't pay that close attention.

(Actually, it may have been earlier, 99ish is when sci fi started doing the 1/2 hour a.m., and 1/2 hour p.m.)

Almost a year! Wish I didn't know that. I hate a lot of the charactes who will be arriving shortly....not all, just some.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 04:40:27 AM »
In that production, Thayer played Thomas Putnam, one of the heavies. He uses the hysteria as a front to purchase the property of the accused. This was done for ABC television by David Susskind. It aired a couple of times back in the day but hasn't been seen much since. The festival showed it a few years ago, through an arrangement with the Susskind estate.
Fade Away and Radiate