Author Topic: CAMPY FUN WITH DARK SHADOWS: HEIRESS OF COLLINWOOD  (Read 2052 times)

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CAMPY FUN WITH DARK SHADOWS: HEIRESS OF COLLINWOOD
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
I can't remember the last time I read a Ross novel. I tried a few times, but they are so difficult for me to tolerate now. I guess my tastes were different back then.

I read them all when they were first published. I started re-reading Barnabas, Quentin and the Body Snatchers several years ago, because of a thread that described how hilariously over the top it was.  However, I started it while doing laundry at the laundromat, and never picked it up again after returning home.  One of these days I'll get to it again...

Interestingly, though, especially in light of the recent discussions about HoDS, my vague (admittedly, very extremely vague) memories of the novelization of that movie make me think that the novel is actually quite superior to the movie, in regard to storytelling and characterization.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: CAMPY FUN WITH DARK SHADOWS: HEIRESS OF COLLINWOOD
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 10:37:22 PM »
(NOTE: Two posts were removed from this topic and added to the "And Now The Return of Another New Slideshow (Sort of), Part 2 [**Now featuring alternate version..." topic on the latest Current Talk board:

Re: (Formerly) CAMPY FUN WITH DARK SHADOWS: HEIRESS OF COLLINWOOD, (Now) Re: And Now The Return of Another New Slideshow (Sort of), Part 2 [**Now featuring alternate version
)