Author Topic: Qui ƒªtes-vous, Miss Maxwell-ooolala (part 4)  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Qui Ļtes-vous, Miss Maxwell-ooolala (part 4)
« on: January 29, 2005, 01:11:27 PM »

I just love her facial expressions!  Yummy...  ;D

Nice biceps. I wonder what Barnabas would've said if Julia came strolling in the Old House wearing that, or that other outfit. Chortle...  :D

10 points for creativity on the hair...'do.  ;)

P: And beep beep to you, darlings. {cackling} Really, where do you thing I got this lovely hat from, hmm?

Sigh - sorry, she was pinching my ass to say something...  >:D

And believe it or not, that was only a generous sampling of the pics {gulp}. I need help.  LOL

Hugs from the chilly NE,

Heather  [banana]
[/b]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline AdAstra

• Junior Poster
  • Shadows of the night...
    • View Profile
Re: Qui Ļtes-vous, Miss Maxwell-ooolala (part 4)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 08:58:39 PM »
LOL!  Those were some fabulous pics of Grayson!  What movie/movies are they from?  I remember listening to an interview for the Ron Barry Show, and Grayson was talking about doing a French film.  Anyone know the names of the movies she's done?  Thanks!

Ciao,

Mel

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 12:23:16 AM »
Anyone know the names of the movies she's done?

For the newbies .. .Grayson's resume http://hometown.aol.com/allard1234/ghresume.htm
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 05:48:12 AM »
Great captures Heather!  [thumb]  Thanks so much for sharing them.

I've never seen this film, but it looks like it must be such a hoot.  [lghy]

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 06:30:31 AM »
Thanks for the great captures, Heather.  I've always wondered what Grayson looked like in that film.  Had to laugh - I had the very same thought about her biceps just before I read your comment. LOL.  I vaguely recall Diana Vreeland, the former editor of Vogue, and on whom Grayson's character was based, and her look was definitely way out, avant garde and considered quite chic - yet one that few women could pull off without looking like a complete clown.  But...what's that image on her t-shirt - a skull or a sock monkey?  Can't tell.  Hard to imagine Grayson going from the repressed lesbian schoolteacher in "Iguana" to playing this over-the-top character.  Ahhhh, but that's what makes her so great [clap] [cheerleader] [cheer]

Countess

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 04:18:59 PM »
Honestly, I have to say that Grayson looks stunning with her hair pulled back.

Thanks for posting thess captures, Heather. I don't think I'd ever have had the opportunity to have seen how Grayson looked in this film otherwise. It is a rare treat for me.  :-*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...And take a gander at Julia99's new avatar! I have never seen that still of Grayson before and it is absolutely fabulous. For me there is nothing more exciting than seeing a picture I've never seen before of something that I'm into. Especially something from long ago.

(Happy) dom

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 10:02:56 PM »
     I, too, love J99's new avatar.   Is it possible to put a bigger picture up for a better look at that elegant portrait?
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 11:30:21 PM »
Those were some fabulous pics of Grayson!  What movie/movies are they from?

Dearest Mel, with the exception of the final capture that is from "Satan in High Heels," all the screen caps are from, to quote Heather in her Part 1 post, "the divine one's 1966 film, 'Qui ƒªtes-vous, Polly Magoo?'"   :D

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 12:17:50 AM »
     I, too, love J99's new avatar.   Is it possible to put a bigger picture up for a better look at that elegant portrait?

It'll be in the book darlings ..
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 02:35:06 AM »
Hi Countess,

glad to hear you have such appreciation for the Divine One!  Yes, Her fans are LEGION!

Just FYI, that isn't a t-shirt she's wearing in that final sequence--it's a short-sleeved cheongsam styled dress.  The thing that you thought might be a monkey is actually an immense brooch that's pinned to the center of her bosom.

A commercial release of this film came out in Japan last year.  There are ridiculous complications around the distro rights for Polly Maggoo.  I read a review of the Japanese import in the French gay culture mag, Tetu, the last time I was up in Canada at my boyfriend's place.

I have been lucky enough to see it the movie in the theatre four times to date.  It's fun to see some of the details, such as the fact that in the first scene, those things she's clutching in her lap are a pair of sunglasses and a packet of Marlboros.

Also, it's worth noting that Delphine Seyrig, a French cult actress who appeared in such classic films as Last Year at Marienbad and Donkey-skin (Peau d'ane) a Jacques Demy Catherine Deneuve vehicle, had a small role in Polly Maggoo.  Of course most of us know Delphine best for her Goddessy performance in Daughters of Darkness, in which she appeared opposite gorgeous, talented John Karlen.

G.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 04:00:02 AM »
the last time I was up in Canada at my boyfriend's place.
[angryf] BOYFRIEND??!?!?!  That's it!  The wedding's off!  You BEAST!  You BEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!  [angryf]

Anyway, <sniff>  I just wanted to say that I love these pics, not having seen POLLY MAGOO.  Rumor has it that there will be a screening in Philadelphia this year.

This really does seem like the perfect movie for me:  Grayson, Delphine (who also appeared in Truffaut's STOLEN KISSES), super model Peggy Moffitt, and lots of 1960s fashions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to soak in a hot bath and try to wash off the taint of betrayal...

Alone again, naturally,

Jean-Claude

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 04:14:16 AM »
[angryf] BOYFRIEND??!?!?!  That's it!  The wedding's off!  You BEAST!  You BEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!  [angryf]

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to soak in a hot bath and try to wash off the taint of betrayal...

Alone again, naturally,

Jean-Claude

how is this a surprise .. were you not a part of the "group marriage" discussion at the bar in Tarrytown. . i seem to recall your pretty face--
Julia99

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 05:58:37 AM »
....Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to soak in a hot bath and try to wash off the taint of betrayal...

[lghy]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005, 06:24:25 AM »
Anyway, <sniff> I just wanted to say that I love these pics, not having seen POLLY MAGOO. Rumor has it that there will be a screening in Philadelphia this year.

This really does seem like the perfect movie for me: Grayson, Delphine (who also appeared in Truffaut's STOLEN KISSES), super model Peggy Moffitt, and lots of 1960s fashions.

Oh, I'm so glad you liked them Dom, J-C, and the rest of yunz guys (thanks for the additional info, Steve). :-*
It really wasn't the best source to get captures from (grumble), but I couldn't resist sharing some of that graysonliciousness... {Why yes, I just made that word up - lol. Sorry J99  ;)}   :-*

LOL...chuckle. Poor thing - and after all the trouble we were going through to get the perfect gown...come now, I'm sure you two can arrive at some sort of an arrangement--  >:D

Hugs,

Tired minx   [13]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005, 07:05:52 AM »
Thanks for the info, Gothick.  Hmm...still looks like a monkey face to me (the "image" on her "t-shirt", people! ).  Cool hair.  But very dangerous with low-flying bats around ;D
Countess