Author Topic: DS EMMYS: Voting Begins  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: DS EMMYS: Voting Begins
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »
I voted yesterday and each time received the message that I was not allowed to see the results of the poll.

It seems as if one can vote as many times as one wishes to do so.  Did you intend that?  Because some TROLL might sit there for hours on end mindlessly clicking on Goddess knows what if it thinks it will irritate people by doing so.

G.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 04:50:09 PM »
I'm not so sure. The first time I voted, I got the message, "You are not allowed to see the results of this poll," or something like that. If I tried to vote after that, I got "You can only vote for this once." So I don't think you can vote multiple times.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 05:27:22 PM »
OK.  I'll try voting again today and see what happens.

Thanks Ian!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 05:30:48 PM »
Just tried now and got the message that I am only allowed one vote and I am not allowed to see the results.

So that's OK!

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2005, 10:02:38 PM »
The polling system i used is probably the worst out there. But it was the only free one that kept the results hidden. I do not suggest using free-web-polls.com. I give it a F-!!!

I have wondered if people are voting more than once. I was checking results and I saw that one actor and actress had been largely ahead of everyone else. And to be honest, I personally wouldnt award these two the emmy if it was my choice. But since then, everything has pretty much evened out.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 11:14:30 PM »
I was a bit taken aback by some of the nominees making the cut (over others) but how many among us are truely qualified to judge, and with impartiality no less? My favorite cast members are not necessarily the better actors. But I think including all who were willing to particpate in the process from beginning to end was very big (and thoughtful, and fair) of you.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 01:10:06 AM »

Who will win? What will they wear? When in the heck am I gonna premiere this?  ???

I can't answer any of those questions, but I just wanna let you know that i am not scrapping the emmys. Its just gonna be delayed for awhile as I put together one of the biggest events for Dark Shadows on the internet. So just be patient because it will be worth the wait.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 01:34:46 AM »
Don't worry - we're patiently waiting.  :)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2005, 06:21:55 AM »
I'm over at the site voting and finding it tough to say the least.  Was wondering....who said, "All you can do is sit there staring into that microphone"?  ROFL  Sounds to me like a Joan Bennett type blooper.  I'm also not familiar with, "Now, then, I wanted to speak with you Mag- - er, Carol--, Jul--, Vic--,uh,Amy."  Who said that one?  I'm guessing either Bennett or Frid.

But anyway, I'd kind of like to hear these in my head before I vote.

Thanks anybody.   ;D

PS  This voting is soooo difficult insofar as favorites versus who you think was really the best.  Want to vote for Grayson, who's performances give me the most pleasure, but feel Nancy Barrett was the best out of the five choices.   ???   
Jeez - then there's trying to pick between Thayer David and David Selby.  Impossible.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2005, 06:01:26 PM »
I know it must be hard to choose the flubbed lines. I personally have never seen them. I have only read about them which was why it was hard for me to find them on tape. I couldnt provide voters with the chance to see them. But here are the descriptions of the FLubbed Lines from http://members.aol.com/Kuryakin64/dsbloopers.htm

PLAY IT BY EAR... One of the things an actor on stage (or live tape) fears most is forgetting his next line. In 1897, Barnabas (Jonathan Frid) was delivering a 'shopping list' to a servant. It was supposed to contain four or five specific ingredients needed to form a potion. He stated thus: "Now go into town and collect Magda's herbs and... uh... herbs and... well, whatever else it is she needs!"

WHATSERNAME... Barnabas once sat Amy Jennings down on the sofa and said, "Now, then, I wanted to speak with you Mag-- er, Carol--, Jul--, Vic--, uh, Amy! "

THE EYES HAVE IT... Burke Devlin once became impatient with Dr. Woodard for not voicing his suspicions about a blood sample he'd examined under his microscope. The disgruntled Burke blurted, "All vou can do is sit there staring into that microphone!"

FREUDIAN SLIP?... Roger and Woodard were searching the Collins mausoleum for the missing David. Eyeing the age-old inscriptions with a certain admiration, Roger proclaimed proudly, "Why, many of my incestors are buried here!"

DOUBLE INDENTITIES... Long before anyone at Collinwood was supposed to know that Julia Hoffman was a doctor, David Collins greeted Dr. Woodward with the line,"Good evening, Dr. Hoffman... I mean Dr. Woodward!"

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2005, 10:18:45 AM »
But here are the descriptions of the FLubbed Lines from http://members.aol.com/Kuryakin64/dsbloopers.htm

Ah...thanks!

PLAY IT BY EAR...
"Now go into town and collect Magda's herbs and... uh... herbs and... well, whatever else it is she needs!"

I certainly know this one!  [lghy]

;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 07:48:11 PM »
I know it must be hard to choose the flubbed lines. I personally have never seen them. I have only read about them which was why it was hard for me to find them on tape.

Here's a good place to get help in finding them, DStoDA-- TVTome's Goofs and Nitpicks Guide.

THE EYES HAVE IT... Burke Devlin once became impatient with Dr. Woodard for not voicing his suspicions about a blood sample he'd examined under his microscope. The disgruntled Burke blurted, "All vou can do is sit there staring into that microphone!"

That didn't sound right to me but since no one else mentioned it I hesitated to say anything.  However, since TVTome provides the ep number for the microphone/microscope blooper (#242) I took a peek at the scene, and what Burke says to Woodard is:

"Maybe something, like a blood sample, when you examine it under the microphone, it doesn't show any mystery at all."

(That makes perfect sense.  Yeah.  ::))

Sorry!  But it's certainly not your fault that the webmaster misquoted the line.   :-

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 08:18:54 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that, Midnite.  That thing has been bothering me for months now, since I have absolutely no recollection of the gaffe as originally stated.  And I don't think I've watched the episode cited in many years now...

btw, there *are* still episodes of DS I haven't seen, because I don't have a complete collection of the Collectors Series tapes.

G.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 09:40:36 PM »
That didn't sound right to me but since no one else mentioned it I hesitated to say anything.  However, since TVTome provides the ep number for the microphone/microscope blooper (#242) I took a peek at the scene, and what Burke says to Woodard is:

"Maybe something, like a blood sample, when you examine it under the microphone, it doesn't show any mystery at all."

(That makes perfect sense.  Yeah.  ::))

Sorry!  But it's certainly not your fault that the webmaster misquoted the line.   :-

THANK YOU! YOU'RE A SAVIOR!