Author Topic: DS EMMYS: Voting Begins  (Read 3702 times)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
DS EMMYS: Voting Begins
« on: January 26, 2005, 03:29:51 AM »
after many delays, you can now vote for the first category, Outstanding Actor

Remember not to vote based soley on the video clips. If you think so in so was the best actor even if the clip is not the best out of the nominees, vote on who you truly think deserves it.

http://www.geocities.com/boxy86586/dsemmys.html

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
Re: DS EMMYS: Voting Begins
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 05:13:40 AM »
voting for Outstanding Actress is open

Hopefully, you can expect new categories to open everyday til the 30th. Voting for all categories close on feb 14th.
1/27 - Outstanding Continuing Storyline
        - Outstanding Romantic Couple
1/28 - Outstanding Duo
       - Cliffhanger
1/29 - Musical Compostion
       - Set Design
       - Costume and Makeup Design
1/30 - Blooper and Flubbed Line

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 06:35:40 PM »

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 06:43:38 PM »
Hey, I was just wondering about your voting if you were going to add anymore video clips to that section. Thanks in advance. :)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »
The early bird doesn't always catch the worm. I visited earlier and didn't see any new catagories. Thanks for the update. BTW, I love your graphics. And thanks for all the hard work -- I know, I attempted to do this very same thing once a long time ago and I couldn't even get past the catagories phase, lol. And I didn't even consider video clips, pre-noms, or anything else for that matter. Hats off to you. [thumb]

dom

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 09:35:46 PM »
Hey, I was just wondering about your voting if you were going to add anymore video clips to that section. Thanks in advance. :)

I was going to add more clips, but I didnt have all the clips i needed. So I decided just to put clips for the acting. I am hoping that i will get the clips I need by the time winners announced.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 10:49:42 PM »
Ok, thanks. It's not like I need to see the clips to get it, but since I don't have the videos, I love to watch clips anyways. Heheh...speaking of which, the Angelique's Prerogative video was genius. I was laughing so hard. XD

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 10:58:54 PM »
I really have to wonder whether the Dark Shadows Addict and I were separated at birth, given his choice of videoclips.  He chose two of my top favorite scenes between Grayson Hall and Lara Parker for their respective nomination clips, AND he chose a Count Petofi sequence for Thayer's clip!

My hat's off yet again to the genius of the Dark Shadows Addict!  (and I'm happy to say those clips played just fine today)

G.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 12:06:18 AM »
Gothick, Im so glad you finally got the clips to work. Thanks for the praise even though I dont think i deserve THAT much!  :)

It was really hard choosing clips because i dont have all of the Dark Shadows episodes. I probably have less than 1/3 of the episodes. I had some special contributors who will be credited soon.

The clip that I chose for Thayer David was sort of a random last minute choice. I had desperately wanted to get the clip where he, as Matthew Morgan, [spoiler]is about to kill Victoria.[/spoiler]But, I didnt have that episode. For Grayson, I was thinking about putting a magda scene, but I remembered the scenes where Julia thought [spoiler]Barns was dead and called angelique out on her actions.[/spoiler]Now for Lara, I knew my choice wasnt her strongest performace. But I liked her attitude in this clip and felt it was pure angie.

With Nancy Barrett, it was TOUGH! Cuz she had so many great performances that I considered giving all the actors 3 clips. I had to think about 1967 rebel Carolyn, 1995 Carolyn, Pansy, but I decided on this heartbreaking clip of PT Carolyn finding out [spoiler]Will died and lashing out at Barnabas and that single tear that drop down her face.[/spoiler]1995 Carolyn was good, but there was a lot of screaming that some people might have not liked.

With Joan, her confronting Paul for the 1st time in 20 years seemed like a nice choice. Despite a few slips, she maintains her stern attitude.

with KLS, people were telling me about Maggie PMS'ing at Joe. I figured I had to get that one.

With John Karlen, he had many good performances. I felt his scene, though not very significant to the storyline, showed John at his most emotive. The acting between JK and NB in this scene connected well.

Jonathan Frid's scene was sort of another random one. However, what I liked about JF when playing Bramwell is that he seems very into the dialogue and the scene. Not once did he have to look at a teleprompter!!!!!

David Selby - probably not his best scene. But good enough. I figured that there hadnt been a scene from an actor playing a crazy character, so I decided on Crazy Quentin.

Louis Edmonds - I found this scene out of pure luck. I have two episodes of 1967 Laura. So I played the tape and when Roger said, [spoiler]"the happiest day of my life will be the day you take my son and go!...............If David is my son!!!!"[/spoiler]That sorta sealed the deal for my Louis Edmonds choice.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 12:29:48 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed the Thayer David clip, especially because even with all the Sci-Fi episodes I was able to catch, I had actually NEVER seen Count Petofi before. Excellent choice. :)

I also enjoyed Louis's clip. I generally didn't like many performances from the pre-Barnabas episodes, but this seemed to bring out Roger's strength, which he seldom shows, IMHO. :(

I figured that you would pick a Barnabas clip rather than Bramwell, but it's still nice to see him in another type of role. :)

I agree with your previous post about JK, he certainly was quite emotive in that one.

I was more hoping for a Quentin/Amanda clip or something to that effect...:( Crazy is still good though. :)

NB really is an awesome actress, especially in the clip you provided. So much emotion...! *swoons*

Now I don't know why I've always felt drawn to Joan Bennett. I'm sure now that it's just that her characters were usually very strong and assertive. I like her "take-no-sh**" attitude.

Don't I know that you can't have a "Best Actress" without including Grayson Hall. She is one of the greatest on that show. I feel sad though cause she died exactly one month before I was born...*tear*

KLS has always been another of my favorite actresses on the show. She was always so pretty, and I loved every single one of her performances. *smiles*

Wow! My three favorite actresses are last. Evil rocks, and I loooove watching Lara be evil. She plays it wonderfully. I thought a Catherine clip might not have been the best choice.

Anyways, there's my thoughts. Enjoy. ;)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 01:02:11 AM »
Holy Moly, is everyone seeing the results already? ??? ??? ???

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 01:38:09 AM »
Holy Moly, is everyone seeing the results already? ??? ??? ???

"Holy Moly" Are we ever! ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 01:49:04 AM »
Hmmm- when I voted earlier today I received a message that said something like "You are not allowed to view the poll results" after each vote. And just checking it a few minutes ago I received the same message...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 02:09:08 AM »
I had some trouble voting, but perhaps I had already voted those catagories and forgot. I wasn't able to cast a vote in one or two catagories I didn't recollect having all ready cast votes in. No biggie though as far as I'm concerned.

And for the record, I'm not seeing any results either. But I'm anxious to!  ;D

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 06:26:04 AM »
I had some trouble voting, but perhaps I had already voted those catagories and forgot. I wasn't able to cast a vote in one or two catagories I didn't recollect having all ready cast votes in. No biggie though as far as I'm concerned.

And for the record, I'm not seeing any results either. But I'm anxious to!  ;D

Something weird happened when I added the rest of the categories. The addresses for two of the polls switched with one another so that might be the problem. Just tell me which category it was and what you wanted to vote for and I can add it in.