Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1113  (Read 472 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1113
« on: November 14, 2016, 08:12:52 PM »
Robservations #1113

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1113

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 05:35:04 PM »
Gerard confronts Julia about the earring. He apparently searched her room offscreen. Why is he at Collinwood and in everyone's business? Julia gives the logical answer that it was in her room to begin with. She should have told him to get lost.
In the Old house, Josette's room is in ruins. Someone seems to have forgotten that her picture should be over the fireplace. Barnabas takes it down and turns it face to the wall contrary to everything that happened in 1967, he decides that he's done with Josette and it's time to move on.
Leticia is on with Gerard and he brought her to Collinwood. He reveals that he is money hungry.
The show returns to the present and Eliot and Barnabas are together. He got back from Europe too late. He came back for the funerals. Elizabeth is dead, though she was never seen. Eliot calls Hallie Carrie and shows no remorse that he left her to die at Collinwood. Barnabas Santa to follow Julia, but where and decides 1840 via the I Ching. Q is sent to Wyndciff, Carolyn to the beach for a vacation and Barnabas goes to his great loves chainless coffin to talk. I don't find Gerard interesting at all. Maybe it will get better.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 11:43:31 PM »
I think that Gerard seriously oversteps here. He hasn't been in Collinwood that long and he is not a member of the family. So why is he interrogating Julia? She handles him extremely well.
Barnabas says goodbye to Josette, or at least to her painting. It's a credit to Frid that the scene comes across as well as it does. But it doesn't really ring true to me.
Enter Leticia. She seems like a retread of Pansy Faye. Cockney psychic, with a possibly shady past but basically a good soul. She gives Julia a vague reading about 1970 which leads to some sad scenes in the present.
Eliot and Barnabas have been through the wringer emotionally. Four deaths, Daphne, David, Hallie and Elizabeth. Presumably Mrs. Johnson survived. Where is Roger? His absence is very conspicuous. A throwaway bit of dialogue would have been the very least that was done. And what became of the zombies? Back to the grave? A visit to George Romero? Trade school?
Carolyn is in very sad shape. She is pretty much the same as she was in 1995. She seems to no longer be under the influence of Leticia. She briefly recalls what happened at Collinwood before he mind shuts it out.
Quentin is more aggressively insane, perhaps because there's no denying his part in all this. He's about to hang himself when Carolyn spots him and calls for help. Quentin then attacks Eliot, blaming him for the disaster. Sorry, Quentin, while Eliot is not blameless, there is more than enough for you as well.
This is our last look at Quentin and Carolyn. Though David Selby will be playing 2 more versions of Quentin, neither of them will have the emotional depth that this character had. And, while Nancy Barrett has some great scenes coming up as Leticia, Melanie and Amanda, none of those characters have the impact or the importance that Carolyn Stoddard had.
Barnabas and Eliot wonder where Julia has gone. 1995? Disney World? North Vietnam? It's time to bring out the I Ching wands which leads Barnabas to a grave marked Julia Hoffman Collins.
Fade Away and Radiate