Author Topic: The 25 Scariest Movies of All Time  (Read 624 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The 25 Scariest Movies of All Time
« on: October 31, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »
Yet another list:

The 25 Scariest Movies of All Time

I definitely agree with many of them, while when it comes to others, I have them on DVD but have yet to watch them (what a surprise, huh?). Then there's one, Kubrick's "reimagining" of The Shining, that I can't stand (and I've already mentioned why several times, so I won't get into why again). But all in all, it's a good list...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: The 25 Scariest Movies of All Time
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:39:41 AM »
The movies that creeped me the most?

Halloween.  The final moment of the climax caused the audience to gasp.  When the credits rolled, no one moved; people left the theater clutching onto each other.  After I got home, I turned on every light in my upstairs apartment and slept with them on.

The Curse of the Blair Witch.  The made-for-TV mockumentary aired on Sci-Fi, creepier than The Blair Witch Project, although that was creepy enough.

Paranormal Activity, the final, climactic scene, where everyone in the theater screamed. 

Paranormal Activity III, the scene where an oscillating fan equipped with a camcorder caught a demonic entity under a bedsheet.  Again, audience gasps.

The Conjuring:  as Lorraine Warren tries to hang up wash as a windstorm kicks up, a sheet covers...something.  More audience gasps.

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 02:35:22 AM »
MB, I am so with you on The Shining. Great book, one of my favorites. The movie is just dull. Where is the suspense in watching Jack Nicholson go crazy? He looks like he's 75% there already and comes off like Walter Brennan on acid.
I didn't find The Visit remotely scary. Both Blair Witch movies struck me as a waste of time. Brilliant marketing maneuver but not especially good movies.
I would have included The Haunting and The Innocents. Both well made and eerie. And the original version of The Cat People and another Val Lewton movie The Seventh Victim.
My more contemporary choices would be Scream and Scream 2. Nice juxtaposition of chills and laughs. And the audience is in on the joke.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 12:39:20 AM »
i agree with The Exorcist in the number one spot. i don't think it's possible to make a scarier movie. even now when i see Linda Blair as a middle aged woman she unnerves me. from start to finish it terrifies me.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.