Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1104  (Read 583 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1104
« on: October 16, 2016, 10:22:25 PM »
Robservations #1104

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1104

FAREWELL, CLARICE BLACKBURN!

This ep marks the final appearance of Clarice Blackburn on DS.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 11:36:20 PM »
Barnabas goes looking for help from Sebastian but he's not around. Roxanne is and she's not in a good mood. She's somewhat perplexed by Barnabas' fascination with her. (Me too.) Yeah, she looks like the PT Roxanne but her personality is extremely different. She gives him a line about having a feeling that she's met him before. Is she feeding him a line? Or is this foreshadowing?
Gerard takes control of Mrs. Johnson and uses her to send Julia on a wild goose chase. Gerard traps Barnabas and Julia in Rose Cottage and sets it on fire. This would have certainly killed Julia but Barnabas could simply disappear or assume bat form. They are rescued not by Smokey the Bear but Roxanne. Yes, she's supposed to delivering a message but Rose Cottage isn't that close to Collinwood.
Mrs. Johnson feels terribly guilty about sending Julia into a deathtrap. Someone has knocked her out, leaving the mystery vampire free to go after Maggie.
Okay, in a very short time, Gerard has managed to possess Hallie and David and Carolyn. Quentin, Elizabeth and now Mrs. Johnson have been corrupted. Sebastian and Maggie have been neutralized.  Eliot is out of the country. Roxanne isn't interested in helping. And Barnabas and Julia have been totally unable to do anything that has made a solitary bit of difference. If Gerard can do all this, why does he need to destroy Collinwood?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 04:53:57 PM »
The VO is Clairice so Mrs. J is on! [Evil_Pumpkins] I see this is her last episode.  She should have been used more in the series.  Barnabas suddenly decides to get Shaw to help even though he has refused all along. It turns out to be a plot ploy to get Barnabas and Roxanne to interact. He should seriously know by now that just because one looks like an old love does not mean they are. Mrs. j becomes Gerard's slave and goes to Maggie's room.  Julia leaves and goes to Rose Cottage where they are trappe in a fire. Why isn't Barnabas using his powers?  Then Roxanne suddenly show up to the rescue.  Mrs. J is on the floor and Maggie is going to the Vampire. I really don't understand why Barnabas isn't trying to find a way to get is "great love" from PT instead of some random stranger who he barely knows.  what about trying to find the stairway through time?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 05:46:19 PM »
The three episodes that Clarice appears in this storyline were the most we had seen of her in eons. She did several other soaps around this time. Maybe she simply wasn't available.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:27:07 PM »
I looked it up and she was playing on the Secret Storm at the same time. I remember this. It also said she signed a long term contract for Where the Heart Is before she left Dark Shadows.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:29:03 AM »
The three episodes that Clarice appears in this storyline were the most we had seen of her in eons. She did several other soaps around this time. Maybe she simply wasn't available.

exactly. for this season she did not appear in HoDS and the role of Mrs. Johnson was recast.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.