Author Topic: DS EMMYS: Nominations announced early  (Read 1056 times)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
DS EMMYS: Nominations announced early
« on: January 17, 2005, 03:27:33 PM »
I have decided to announce the nominations early so that I could get your opinions on the acting categories. I was wondering if there is a certain scene of any of the actors or actresses that sticks out in your mind. I need suggestions for the video presentations

Actor
Thayer David
Louis Edmonds
Jonathan Frid
John Karlen
David Selby

Actress
Nancy Barrett
Joan Bennett
Grayson Hall
Kathryn Leigh Scott
Lara Parker

To see the rest of the list, go to http://www.geocities.com/boxy86586/dsemmys.html

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
Re: DS EMMYS: Nominations announced early
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 05:19:30 PM »
    For John Karlen... He's as his best when he's shouting. The more fiery, the better.

For KLS... idk. Obsession aside, she was at her tamest when she was in scenes with JK. Try the scene where she's sobbing over her father.

And Nancy Barret was incredible as Charity Trask. Use anything around that time for her, if you'd like. I've got clips if you don't, so I can provide anything you want.

Email me if you'd like any help. You know videos and graphics are my forte. ;) ~DJ (maybellique@gmail.com)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 09:54:39 PM »
Thank you for sharing the list, DStoDA!  ;D

Thayer David: I love the episode when Stokes has the Dream Curse and faces down Angelique.  His attempt to exorcise Quentin's ghost is also great.  Another of my personal favorites is when Ben tells Nathan Forbes how to kill Barnabas: "You have to drive a stake through his heart after sunrise...but by sunrise, you'll already be dead!"

Jonathan Frid: Most people like the scene where he recites the story of Josette's death to Carolyn and Vicki on a stormy night.  I think it's episode #233.

John Karlen: Nearly all of his scenes are spectacular, but I especially love the scene in 1970 PT when Angelique is trying to seduce Will Loomis and get Barnabas's secret out of him.  He tries so hard to resist her you can see the strain on Karlen's face.

Kathryn Leigh Scott: I rather like the scene when Maggie is under the vampire's influence and throws Joe, who is guarding her, out of the cottage, telling him that she doesn't need a babysitter and never wants to see him again.  KLS is so uncharacteristically b!tchy in that scene, so it's a lot of fun. I believe it's from episode #229.

Nancy Barrett: I'm partial to crazy Carolyn Fredericks (1995) poring over her photo album and having Mrs. Johnson brush her hair, but she was so talented that any scene from any storyline would work.

Joan Bennett: Judith on the phone with Gregory, please.  >:D

ProfStokes

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 10:59:02 PM »
John Karlen: How about the scene where he's holding Maggie captive in the mausoleum and he tells her what happened to her.

DJ, where in the world did you get that photo of Willie and Maggie embracing????

Janet
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:44:38 PM »
You're right, ProfStokes, JK is fanatabulous in every scene he's in. So dstoda has his pick of a helluva lot of good scenes.

And, Janet, I spliced it. Maggie never thanked Willie properly during the run of the show, so there you have it. ;) ~DJ

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 02:07:51 PM »
Lara Parker in the 1897 storyline. The way she 'toys' with Quentin; her feelings of protection for Jamison.

[spoiler]Certainly when she makes a doppleganger & fools Laura. Also, the way she knows she can't really stand up against Petofi.[/spoiler]

Jerry Lacy in 1897; the calculating SOB!! The way he  plans to
[spoiler]off Minerva...using blackmail on Evan Hanley!! How he tries to 'help' the poor defensless Amanda while his present wife is in the asylum!!! (While in her house, no less!!)[/spoiler]

Laura, in 1966, playing Roger against the 'truth' with Burke.

Patti
What a Woman!