Author Topic: OT - Ruth Warrick (was: Re: OT: Classic 'All My Children' marathon on SOAPnet)  (Read 1485 times)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
For those who have watched AMC, Ruth Warrick, who played Louis' onscreen wife Phoebe Wallingford, just passed away. We were fortunate to see her appear on AMC's 35th aniversary episode that aired January 5th.

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
OT: Farewell Phoebe
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 10:52:26 PM »

Ruth Warrick, screen actress and beloved Phoebe Wallingford of All My Children fame has passed away.  It was always fun to watch her fuss with Langley (Louis Edmonds) and see how he could get by with one more shenanigan.  Ruth had a very illustrious career.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=420956

She's going to be sorely missed.
[/size]

Always, Minja  :(
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Farewell Phoebe
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 01:14:42 AM »
When KNBC in LA announced the news of Ms Warrick's passing this morning, the picture they showed  while making the announcment was a picture of her with Louis Edmonds. They both were smiling broadly and looked very joyful.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
AMC's Ruth Warrick passed away, worked extensively with Louis Edmonds
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 06:37:38 PM »
As some of you may have heard. All My Childrens' matriarch Ruth Warrwick passed away earlier this week. She was for many years the wife of Louis Edmonds ' Langley Wallingford character on AMC, as Phoebe Tyler Wallingford. Here is a link to the IMDB obituary.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-01-18

The Wallinfords were often referred too more often than seen on the show in recent years, but their work was often spritely, comical and usually worth watching.

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Anyone know if Ruth Warrick and JOAN BENNETT crossed paths/were friends during their Hollywood years, or perhaps later, when both were doing daytime in NYC? And wouldn't it have been unique for Joan to have made a cameo on "All My Children" in the 80's, portraying Louis' (Langley's) sister?
Also trippy that both of Ruth's TV husbands were also on Dark Shadows (her first hubby on AMC, Dr. Charles Tyler, played by HUGH FRANKLIN, was the Collins family lawyer in '66).

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
she had been apeearing on AMC here and there over the last few years so i'm glad
she was there for the anniversary show! she was at her best with Langley!

jennifer
wow married five times god love her!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Anyone know if Ruth Warrick and JOAN BENNETT crossed paths/were friends during their Hollywood years, or perhaps later, when both were doing daytime in NYC? And wouldn't it have been unique for Joan to have made a cameo on "All My Children" in the 80's, portraying Louis' (Langley's) sister?
Ruth and Joan were friends. In an old Soap Opera Digest I have from 1980, there's even a picture of Joan looking through Ruth's autobiography, The Confessions of Phoebe Tyler, with Ruth sitting next to her. I'll try to scan it sometime and post it here.