Author Topic: DULL SHADOWS  (Read 8872 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: DULL SHADOWS
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 10:58:56 PM »
Today I had a business meeting and while we were waiting for some others to arrive, one of my colleagues pulled out of his briefcase two DS DVDs and show them to us and said "Do you remember Dark Shadows?  My wife saw these being sold on the internet and bought them for me."  The two other people ooohed and ahhhed over the DVDs, not being aware the show was available on DVD.  We all said we remembered the show and this guy went on and on about it, recalling the Leviathan storyline! He remembered the "ashmatic" monster nobody saw.  He loved Angelique and Barnabas.  He had to cut his memories short when the missing two people showed up and the meeting had to start.  Talk about a startle in the office! [hall2_shocked]

Nancy

I admit I didn't get into the Leviathan storyline as a child, but now as an adult I find it very entertaining.  [spoiler]It sort of reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the characters we have gotten to know and love (such as Barnabas, Elizabeth, David) are turned into cold, unfeeling, almost zombie like. And of course we have the non-Leviathan heroes (such as Julia, Chris, Quentin and Barnabas once he broke out of his Leviathan
shell) determined to save the day.[/spoiler]

I have also found that the 1840 and 1841 PT storylines weren't as bad as others have said. Not saying they didn't have flaws, but still I found much to enjoy about them. And as much as I love Barnabas I can't really blame Jonathan for wanting to play another character. After all just about everyone else on the show got a chance to play another character so why shouldn't he?