Author Topic: Sarah's Death  (Read 838 times)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Sarah's Death
« on: March 27, 2002, 09:43:55 PM »
Before Barnabas came to see Sarah, it seemed that she was feeling better.  Then, as soon as she told him that she loved him, she died, per Angelique's curse.  If Barnabas had stayed away from Sarah, and in spite of what the Collins family history said, do you think that she might have had a chance at recovery?

ProfStokes

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah's Death
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 11:47:12 PM »
Hi Professor Stokes,  I think Sarah would have died with or without Barnabas there. It seems that what is written in history, so far cannot be changed. I guess it was Sarah's destiny to die so young. I liked Sarah too, I wonder why they didn't bring her back for other parts like they did with David & Amy?
"Calamity Jane"

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 01:27:38 AM »
It seems to me that Sarah would eventually have died regardless of Barnabas' presense.  Sarah truly loved him, and thus was doomed from Angelique's curse, a curse so strong that Angelique herself could not reverse it.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2002, 02:53:55 AM »
Hi Professor Stokes,  I think Sarah would have died with or without Barnabas there. It seems that what is written in history, so far cannot be changed. I guess it was Sarah's destiny to die so young. I liked Sarah too, I wonder why they didn't bring her back for other parts like they did with David & Amy?

I would hazard a guess that Sharon Smythe was let go for a couple of reasons: first of all she's growing older. They have already had to modify her age of death (on her 11th birthday - when they originally stated she died at the age of 10). Vicki returns to her own time, and Sarah the ghost would still keep on growing. Maybe they didn't want to bring her back as another character because they felt she was too closely identified with Sarah (although that didn't stop them from turning Jeff Clark into Ned Stuart).

It's also possible they just didn't feel she was a strong enough performer and sought a better young actress like Denise Nickerson to be David's new playmate.

Would have been nice to see the ghost of Sarah again in present day, but then again she did say at the seance she was returning to her own time and would never appear to any of them again. I would expect David to mention her once in awhile though, especially to Amy.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 03:39:50 AM »

Would have been nice to see the ghost of Sarah again in present day, but then again she did say at the seance she was returning to her own time and would never appear to any of them again. I would expect David to mention her once in awhile though, especially to Amy.

Forgetting (or at least not referring to) events of the fairly recent past seems to occur frequently on DS.  I'm assuming this is fairly standard for "soaps."  The story moves on, new viewers tune in ...

It tends to make the show less real, more in its own world.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 04:14:27 AM »
:'(  Ya know, I adored Sarah.  She was the perfect child.  Did what she was told to do, loved her mother and father, and worshipped her brother.  

Would she have lived if Barnabas had not shown himself to her......I do not know.  All I do know, is that she loved him and he adored her.  I think perhaps, he was wanted to see her, and tell her that he was not really like the person she had seen at the masaleoum (sp).  

Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.