Author Topic: Off Topic: Artist Frenchy Blanch  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic: Artist Frenchy Blanch
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 09:07:41 PM »
I didn't see the one that MB posted until relatively recently but two pieces especially stand out for me. One has Maggie looking out the window into the night, with Amy and David in the background. Outside are Barnabas, Quentin, Chris and Angelique. The other is a 1968 piece that has Angelique removing the Cassandra persona as if it had been a mask.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 09:30:29 PM »
One has Maggie looking out the window into the night, with Amy and David in the background. Outside are Barnabas, Quentin, Chris and Angelique.

Hmmm - I have no memory of that one at all.  [hdscrt]

The other is a 1968 piece that has Angelique removing the Cassandra persona as if it had been a mask.

And the version of that that I remember was part of The Whole True Story of Dark Shadows series.

The other full page installments that I definitely remember featured Jonathan Frid as Barnabas, David Selby as Quentin, and Chris Pennock as a few of his roles. There may also be one of Don Briscoe. But because I haven't gone through all my stuff in years, I've completely lost track of all the ones that she did for the various DS articles.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 03:24:04 AM »
I didn't remember the Cassandra drawing at all, but just as I was typing this, an image floated in to my mind and I think I did have the mag long ago that had it.  I bought 16 religiously when the show was on because it had such good coverage.  When AfterNoon TV started up towards the end of '68, it also had several fab features on the show.  And it even covered my beloved STRANGE PARADISE in at least one issue.

Great detective work in tracking down the 1967 drawing, MB!  I don't care for her portrait of Liz, but other than that, it's very good work.

G.