Author Topic: <OT Spooky Movies  (Read 450 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
<OT Spooky Movies
« on: August 10, 2016, 04:25:50 AM »
I just bought "Masters of Horror 2-Pack: Dreams in the Witch House / Cigarette Burns" on Amazon.

There was no review of them; I went to IMDb, I don't know if these were one installment of a TV series, a made-for-TV movie, or what, but, they each sounded fairly good for the price ($1.50 + $3.99 shipping).

I also bought "10 Cloverfield Lane", which, and I don't know why, have been waiting for it to come out for sale, and for it to drop (in the one day it was in my cart, it went down to $3.97, and again, 3.99 shipping).

DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT CLOVERFIELD LANE PLEASE.

But, if you know anything about the first double-feature I mentioned, love to hear it.

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: <OT Spooky Movies
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:34:59 AM »
My favorite movie that creeped me out?  Honestly, it was Hush-Hush, Sweat Charlotte.  It was the scene after she thought she had killed her cousin's boyfriend and he was then standing on the top of the stairs encrusted in seaweed and mud.  The lights were off, the house dark, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Gerard

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: <OT Spooky Movies
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »
Patti, "Masters of Horror" was a series on Showtime about 10 years ago.  Each episode was directed by a different well-known horror filmmaker.  "Cigarette Burns," directed by John Carpenter, is one of my favorite episodes.  Like In the Mouth of Madness, it's a sort of commentary on the perceived destructive powers of mass media.

"Dreams in the Witch House" is a pretty good contemporary adaptation of an H.P. Lovecraft story.  I forget who made it.

If you're able to find a DVD of "Fair Haired Child" from the same series, I highly recommend that one.  It's like a dark fairy tale and very satisfying.

ProfStokes