Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1083  (Read 692 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1083
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:48:09 AM »
Robservations #1083

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1083

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:20:48 AM »
This is slightly more towards ep 1084, but still.

Barn & Julia told Quentin about 1995.

I wish the kids would've told any of the above about the clothes, the dolls, etc.

Quentin coulda/shoulda cast the spell to have Angelique appear....she's a real doll (lol).

She also would have IMMEDIATELY picked up on Roxanne, Gerard & Daphne, and perhaps could've helped (I am reasonably sure she always cared for 'David').

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is Angelique? Where's Willie? Where's Roger?

Is the next time we see Ang in 1840?

Funny, I used to hate Chris P in every character, now it's just 1840s (and I haven't seen nor read them in a very long time, but I'm positive I hate him....manipulative, and just plain cruel.

I hate the end of Shaw's character, but, the reason should be clear...it's not him...it's......her.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 02:52:23 AM »
Eliot puts in an appearance reading in the drawing room. They sure have cut down on the sets lately. He talks to Hallie and he should just get her out of there. He goes to visit Shaw and discovers he is a clairvoyant. Now Shaw sees the teens asleep which considering the future might infer they are dead. He tells Roxanne they were dead.  The teens burn their dolls and they are back in the doll house.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 04:28:35 AM »
Patti, John Karlen was in Europe filming Daughters of Darkness at this time. I think that Louis Edmonds was on vacation here. Not sure about Lara. Maybe making a movie?

The wheels keep spinning with David and Hallie. Much fretting, especially from Hallie but the plot simply isn't moving.

Of far more interest is the scene with Sebastian and Eliot. They each seem to sizing up the other. Eliot is a much more focused investigator than Julia or Barnabas. He definitely has Sebastian pegged and seems to enjoy toying with him. A new development is that Sebastian has second sight. He has a vision of Hallie and David dead in the near future but tells Eliot that the kids were asleep. Is he that money hungry? Or is there something more?
Part of the something more definitely involves Roxanne. I wasn't a huge fan of the PT Roxanne but this incarnation is a lot more interesting. She and Sebastian seem to have an extremely complex relationship. They are apparently lovers as well as coworkers but Roxanne certainly doesn't act like his assistant. This Roxanne certainly has an edge to her and a bitchy streak that DS ingenues were seldom permitted. There is definitely more to Roxanne than meets the eye.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 01:28:34 PM »
in terms of Lara/Angelique there simply might have been no role for her during this period...

something about the nature of the character prevented her from becoming an ordinary day-to-day character. the "dramatic impact" came from her "disappearing" for extended periods of time and then popping up later in some different guise much to everyone's "shock".

in one of the PomPress book they do a countdown of each character's appearances and, for all of her significance, Angelique/Lara appears in surprisingly few episodes for this reason. 
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 05:37:06 PM »
Lara did a couple of plays around this time as well as a strange movie called "Hi, Mom."  I think a trailer for it was included in the final DVD package of the original DVD release.  I don't know if all those trailers were included in the "coffin set." A lot of special features may have been omitted so everything would fit in the "coffin."

Lara had just finished up a very busy period covering for a lot of people who were out for the movie shoot, so at the end of the PT1970, she got a break of a few months.  I don't think a lot of fans realize just how gruelling the schedule was working on the show.  If you were in more than 2 episodes in a given week, it was a real rollercoaster.  In one of her interviews, Grayson described the schedule:  be at the studio by around 6:30, maybe 7 at the latest, a.m.  Read-through and get notes from whoever was directing.  "Lunch" break around 10 or 10:30 a.m. while the techs set up for camera blocking.  Makeup of course somewhere in there (it looks in the photos as if makeup was done before the morning read-through in most cases but not all).  Tech rehearsal.  Dress rehearsal. TAPE, usually between 3:15 and 3:45.  Sometimes they then trooped into a TV room and watched the show aired on that day.  Not always.  A short break and then, if you had a show being taped the next day, wait around for the people to come in to do first rough read-through of the next day's script. Get home, have a bath according to Grayson, COOK (the most important act of the day for her), and basically fall into bed.  Sometimes Frid would go have dinner there so they could run lines while she was cooking. No doubt others did as well.

If you were taping the next day it was get up around 5 a.m. and start all over again!  Wheee!

As Grayson commented, "yeah it was fun but... IT WAS A LOT OF WORK."

cheers, G.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 05:51:43 PM »
Looking back at the series as a whole, Lara is absent from large amounts of time. Except for a brief reprise of Cassandra to resolve the premature burial angle with Elizabeth, she doesn't appear in The Haunting of Collinwood story. The story works quite well without Angelique.
I've never seen Hi, Mom. The entire movie is on YouTube; I just haven't gotten around to it. In addition to a very solid cast (Robert DeNiro, Jennifer Salt, Gerrit Graham, Allen Garfield), it also features her two sons, Andrew and Rick, in small roles.
Fade Away and Radiate