Author Topic: Another Cool Article  (Read 501 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another Cool Article
« on: June 28, 2016, 05:56:16 AM »
There is another tribute to the 50th anniversary of DS on michaelfairmansoaps.com. Feel free to post a comment on his thread.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Another Cool Article
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:17:46 AM »
Nice, Uncle Roger - thanks for posting the link.  [ghost_smiley]

One thing I did find interesting is that the article says the Through the Decades segment has "an exclusive interview with Steven August Papa, the proclaimed #1 lifetime fan of Dark Shadows", like people should know who he is and Decades scored a coup by getting him. So, am I the only one who has never heard of him before this and, therefore, has no idea who he is?  [ghost_embarrassed]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Another Cool Article
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 12:37:04 AM »
Self proclaimed, perhaps. There are quite a few other fans, some of whom are on this very board, who would be more qualified to represent long term DS fandom. I had never seen or heard of this guy before. I checked his Facebook page. Other than having Marie Wallace and a couple of fans as friends, there wasn't a lot of DS on his page.
I did watch the video interview. I'll refrain from commenting until someone else has seen it. There are also video interviews with KLS, Lara, Diana Millay, Jonathan Frid and David Selby. Obviously, it's archival footage but not everyone will be savvy enough to notice.
Fade Away and Radiate