Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1076  (Read 667 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1076
« on: May 28, 2016, 06:02:14 PM »
Robservations #1076

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1076

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 03:35:07 AM »
The opening has lots of David and Hallie and the room and David not realizing Hallie is possesed by apparently a much younger child. Lots of costume changes as this goes from night to day. Julie has a great scene of putting on gloves. The episode has many about lilacs and Daphne so that we won't forget that if we see or smell them she is there. The night of the sun and the moon passed and nothing significant seems to have happened. Maybe that Q has become obsessed over Daphne?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 05:19:44 AM »
Just beginning reading ep 1076.

David says something to the effect a room that shouldn't be there.

But, could it if it was another 'wave' of parelle time? Were there rooms in PT that weren't in RT? Angelique's room (PT)....what RT room was that?

Then, I was wondering...when Barn & Julia are in 1995, was it still PT, or RT?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 05:37:32 AM »
Does she mean evil or good?

Is there such a thing on DS.

I mean, it's not even black or white, or, even varying shades of gray.

It's whatever the character is doing.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 07:15:34 AM »
Son of Turn of the Screw is starting up and I'm not enjoying it this time around. I don't find Hallie to be anywhere near as engaging a character as Amy. They come with similar backstroke: no parents, a relative who is not a caregiver, and taking up residence in a spooky remote mansion. I always found Amy to be endearing. Hallie tends to be shrill and whiny. Whether this is the fault of the actress, the writing or the directing, I'm not sure. But Hallie is a difficult character to like.
I can accept all the supernatural stuff that goes on in the DS universe. It's almost impossible for me to accept that Quentin would be lacking for female company. The 1897 Quentin had the reputation of Warren Beatty. Quentin had also been portrayed as someone with extensive occult knowledge, so I find it difficult to accept that he would have been so easily ensnared by Daphne.
David Henesy is quite good, as always. He somehow manages to be true to the character and make the story better than it would be otherwise.
Fade Away and Radiate