Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1075  (Read 862 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1075
« on: May 25, 2016, 05:38:08 AM »
Robservations #1075

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1075

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 05:57:23 AM »
Hmm - does today's graphic on Google look like anyone familiar? And she's even got a notebook.

And even more uncanny, the moon shining down on her coordinates with The Night of the Sun and the Moon in this ep!

Coincidence?

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 06:48:42 AM »
My Google is coming up with just the plain word.  I did a search on the Doodle and found 2 for the 25th, one is this one.  It's Rosario Castellanos.  When I looked her up, the picture does look very much like this.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »
They just want people to think that, Josette - but we know who it really is.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 06:23:41 AM »
LOL!!
Josette

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 03:55:38 PM »
Watching Barnabas and Julia pour over old family records and David and Hallie read old letters does not make for especially compelling viewing.
The night of the sun and the moon is the first clue to manifest. There's much discussion about what this all means. And a very short explanation that Chris, Sabrina and Amy had left Collinsport. This appears to be the first time that Barnabas and Julia hear this. Neither of them seems particularly disturbed by this which I find rather sad.
So Elizabeth doesn't want to send the kids out of Collinwood because she doesn't want to frighten them? And she's basing this on her horoscope? I know that the plot hinges on this but it weakens Elizabeth as a character.
If Barnabas wanted to force the issue, he could simply bite her and make her do so. Or Julia could utilize her trusty medallion and simply hypnotize her and the kids.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »
I agree,Uncle Roger, how many scenes do we need of this since this same thing happened a couple years ago with the children, although they seem like teens to me.
Julia's hair is really dark today and piled high. Q mentions the eclipse which is obviously the night of the sun and the moon, but it takes a while until the not always swift Barnabas figures it out making the others appear quite unaware.  The eclipse happens and the show ends with the door to the playroom opening again for the audience and full of little kids toys for teenagers. I can't  imagine if Denise Nickerson was still around that she would havie any interest in this stuff.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 05:16:52 AM »
quote from Robservations:
We learn, through one sentence of dialogue, that Chris, Sabrina and Amy have left Collinsport. Considering they were part of a major storyline, this seems wrong. Of course, it is right for Quentin to see a full moon and wonder what's going on with his blood relative. It just seemed such a shuffle-off for such important characters.

Besides Robin saying 'blood relative', was ANYTHING ever mentioned, or for that matter even realized, that Chris was Quentin's descendant?

Also, what happened to Sabrina's brother? (I can't even remember R. Davis' character's name!! Ned Davis?)

So, Julia's not at home, and Barn & Julia know this is a portent of a baaaaaddd thing, WHY DON'T THEY JUST TAKE THE KIDS TO ANOTHER LOCAL? Duh?

Patti

What a Woman!