Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1073  (Read 664 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1073
« on: May 19, 2016, 12:46:23 AM »
Robservations #1073

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1073

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »
Maggie enters Hallie's room and for some reason Hallie hides the dress. Who cares if she has an old dress. Maggie says to Elizabeth she hasn't seen Barnabas and makes it seem as if they were involved in a romance and I guess they were and Angelique tried steering her towards Q. Little does she know that her resemblance to Jos the is small potatoes compared to the great love Barnabas feels for his Roxanne.
Elizabeth makes an appointment over phonewith a Mr. shaw who we see is Jeb's image. Jeb is wearing a smocky looking tied dyed garment and the resemblance to the late son-in law is noted. Apparently they like Chris Pennock and he is certainly an upgrade over Roger Davis. He's an astrologer and it doesn't take much to connect to one of Crazt Carolyn's clues, but naturally Elizabeth doesn't. David dreams of the girl in the orange dress and later sees her at the Gazebo. I get the feeling that they want Kathy to play younger, but she has a bigger bust than many of the women on the show.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 02:01:35 PM »
Some nice moments between Maggie and Hallie. We get some background on Hallie, who seems like a very lonely girl. Maggie seems to understand the situation quite well and does her best to boost the girl's low self-esteem.
Some good moments between Elizabeth and Maggie as well. Maggie tries to hide her disappointment that Barnabas has not been to see her and Elizabeth picks up on it. It does seem that whatever relationship that Maggie may have had with Barnabas, it's over now.
Elizabeth seems troubled enough by the gloom and doom prophecy to seek out an astrologer. This seems a bit out of character for Elizabeth but I guess it was needed to drive the plot forward. Chris Pennock is back as Sebastian Shaw, who is the DS equivalent of a hippie, I suppose. Sebastian's clothes may be the worst that were ever shown on DS. Ohrbach's sold that?
Hallie is bewitched by an orange dress. The script still seems to teasing a potential romance with her and David but it won't go much further than this.
David acts extremely mature for his age. He makes it very clear to Maggie and Elizabeth that he doesn't want to be treated like a little boy anymore. Too bad he wasn't able to make that same point with the writers. He doesn't really quite know how to deal with Hallie but he certainly is not alone in that. Precisely what kind of dreams does she think that boys are having about her?
Good work by the actors here, especially by Joan Bennett. This is one of the last episodes to really feature Elizabeth, where the character actually takes action, rather than simply react to stuff
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 06:23:16 AM »
[spoiler] I wonder why Barn didn't try to contact Angelique? She may have been able to interpret the clues.

Then, I realized, we're not going to see Ang for a while.

Why? Was she doing something else? [/spoiler]

Peeps have commented that David wasn't a 'child' anymore, but not a serious teen. [spoiler] We all know the scene which I believe happens soon that really makes David seem like a kid. [/spoiler]

Patti
What a Woman!