Author Topic: Divided Loyalties: A 1995 Promo  (Read 2371 times)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
Divided Loyalties: A 1995 Promo
« on: November 26, 2004, 06:00:34 AM »
So when are we going to see 1995: Divided Loyalties?

You requested and now you shall receive!

(Click pic to see video)

Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Divided Loyalties: A 1995 Promo
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 07:02:28 AM »
Oh!, very good.  This huge fan of the 1995 storyline thanks you.   :D

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 03:03:20 PM »
I'm starting my feedback section on my main site and I was wondering if anyone would like to say anything about it, maybe about the promos.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 12:37:40 AM »
Hi DS to DA,

wow, the new promo really rings my chimes... AND *I* get a thank you!  I'm not sure just what I did to earn being thanked, but you are certainly very welcome!

It's been forever since I last watched the 1995 storyline.  I love it because it has such a Twilight Zone feel to it, and it's completely focused on Barnabas and Julia, AND they included several of my other favorite actors on the show--Nancy Barrett, Clarice, Thayer, and Selby--in roles that allowed them to do stuff that was really different from their other work on the series.  All in all, it's a great two-and-a-half weeks that's a unique period in the show's history.  Love what you've created here in honor of it.  I don't know the music you used--I do enjoy the soft, romantic feel that it gives your montage.

It looks as if you had to disable the Feedback page due to troll activity--sorry to hear about that.

Again, congratulations on a stunning new promo!

Best,

Steve

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 01:24:24 AM »
Great promo, DStoDA. You really have a talent for them.  :D

You've captured the essence of one of my favorite time periods.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 03:46:02 AM »
wow, the new promo really rings my chimes... AND *I* get a thank you!  I'm not sure just what I did to earn being thanked, but you are certainly very welcome!

It's been forever since I last watched the 1995 storyline.  I love it because it has such a Twilight Zone feel to it, and it's completely focused on Barnabas and Julia, AND they included several of my other favorite actors on the show--Nancy Barrett, Clarice, Thayer, and Selby--in roles that allowed them to do stuff that was really different from their other work on the series.  All in all, it's a great two-and-a-half weeks that's a unique period in the show's history.  Love what you've created here in honor of it.  I don't know the music you used--I do enjoy the soft, romantic feel that it gives your montage.

It looks as if you had to disable the Feedback page due to troll activity--sorry to hear about that.

You got a thank you because it was your promo idea and i dont think I would have ever come up with the title "Divided Loyalties." That honor goes to you.

The music is called "Kissing You" by desree. If you ever remember the Romeo &Juliet movie with Leonardo Dicaprio and Claire Danes, the song is a major part of the movie and has been used as promotional music for other stuff also.

Oh yea, there is definately a troll! Seems like its one immature person. I will take down my guestbook soon cuz its seems useless. I plan on having a feedback section that will help weed out those trolls.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 10:02:24 AM »
I really liked your latest promo.  Well done!

Dreambook (by Dreamhost) is a free guestbook that let's you ban someone's TCP/IP addy permanently when you delete their message.  Say goodbye forever to trolls.  Also, it is fully skinable.!  Hope you will give it a try

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 05:06:30 PM »
- OT -

Dreambook (by Dreamhost) is a free guestbook that let's you ban someone's TCP/IP addy permanently when you delete their message.  Say goodbye forever to trolls.

If only it were that easy, but banning TCP/IP is not a guarantee that a problematic visitor won't be back, and it takes some knowledge to keep from banning the visitors you do want on your site.  But fortunately, it's not a webmaster's only recourse.

You could also require that all messages be approved by you before they make it onto your site.  It won't stop you from seeing the messages, but it will deny a troll the audience s/he craves.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 05:22:15 PM »
Hey DS to DA, thanks for telling me about the music.  I saw R & J in the theatre and on the whole I enjoyed it, although I could have lived without Baz Luhrmann's self-indulgent MTV moments, especially in the gang sequences.  That was the last Leo di Caprio movie I ever saw--and I thought he was brilliant in it.  It's too bad about what happened to him.

Good luck dealing with that wretched troll (trolless?).  You have such phenomenal talent.  It also warms my heart that you so cherish DS!  I like to know that people who weren't around for the original craziness of the Sixties can appreciate the series' unique qualities.

warmly, Steve

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 09:41:40 AM »
- OT -
You could also require that all messages be approved by you before they make it onto your site.  It won't stop you from seeing the messages, but it will deny a troll the audience s/he craves.

More OT....
Just to be clear on the points, it's not going to ban the user from the site, just the Dreambook and from posting, not viewing.  It will even lull the unsuspecting poster that their post went through!  Further, for free,  it's the only one I've seen that gives one a load of flexibility and control over posts.  Posts can be approved as well.  It's reasonably dummy proof and one can't accidently bump one off that posted a nice post.  Allows for unbanment as well.

Back to Topic:
I really like your site and all the work you do for us DStoDA.  I know how long those flash films take to make. 

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 03:55:53 PM »
After months of not being able to view these promos,
I now have access to a computer that will play them.

They're great. Nice work. Thanx for your efforts!

Eagerly awaiting your next offering,
dom

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 06:05:48 PM »
Yeah, ya know, these promos are just excellent.  I've really been remiss in not commenting on them.  I downloaded the 1995 one the other night and was just looking at it again.  It's REALLY good.  Funny thing about these promos.....they make the show look BETTER than it is!  LOL
The choice of music and the way it's used with the choice of clips -- very emotional.

Just have one question about your sig line....Um....I don't recall Julia and Barn getting arrested.  ROTFL
That part must have gotten by me.

love
CLC   ;D

PS  What do you use to make the videos??
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 06:28:34 PM »
Um....I don't recall Julia and Barn getting arrested.  ROTFL
That part must have gotten by me.

The sheriff hauled them down to the station for questioning, then suggested they leave town.  That must be what inspired Barnabas to become a lawyer.  ;)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 12:12:31 AM »
Thanks for all the great comments!
PS  What do you use to make the videos??

I use Windows Movie Maker . However, all the stills that I use in the videos are made from photoshop.

Thanks victoriawinters! I do plan on setting up my own dream book.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 04:35:02 PM »
I hate to write this because you're  going to think I'm stupid.....
I have tried and tried to view the promo but theres nothing to click on to.  I click the picture, and I go to this board that says these are the things that you can see.  But when I try to click on "Divided Loyalties" it won't let me.  When it comes to computers, I am stupid, I know nothing about them.

[8_2_59]   (These things are great!)
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.