Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1063  (Read 882 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1063
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
Robservations #1063

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1063

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:22:55 PM »
I likes the effect of the light at Collinwood. I wonder why Julia would put her notes back in the same box and place it was found and stolen from once before. The Old House would seem a better choice.  They hear music and Barnabas says it is seldom used to frighten. What about Quentin?  The ending is quite scary as Julia see's a menacing man in the window. Gerard in the credits.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
Julia and Barnabas are caught off guard when they find Carolyn in the secret room of the mausoleum. It's very strongly implied that Carolyn knows that Barnabas is a vampire. Did she read the notes in Julia's strongbox? Did her memory simply return? Or has something else happened?
At Carolyn's urging, the sheriff interrogates Julia and Barnabas. Their story has way too many holes in it. The sheriff isn't as savvy as Inspector Hamilton but he is certainly suspicious of them.
More spooky doing at Collinwood. Strange blue lights. Music. A blood stained knife. And an attempt on Julia's life.
Enter the villain. The patron saint of sneering.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:53:37 PM »
Can someone refresh my memory as to how Carolyn lost her memory of being under Barnabas' spell back in the pre and post-1795 present day timelines? Thanks.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 05:10:15 AM »
Just by Barnabas's getting cured, Carolyn became oblivious to his ever having been a vampire.  She just had a vague memory that she'd been spending too much time on Barnabas and his problems.

I'm afraid nothing seems funny anymore, now that I get further disabled each day, and have homelessness looming four months from now.

VO guy is trying to sound "spooky".  I'd missed this moment in earlier viewings-- In the Mausoleum's secret room, Barnabas considers for a moment offing Carolyn, depending on whether she knows his secret. The lighting and music imply it. 

The sheriff seems to think his pencil is a billy club.  He keeps patting it in his hand like he's going to hit them with it.

Welcome, sneering Gerard.  [spoiler](Judah.)[/spoiler]  That's a good sneer.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 06:58:45 AM »
Gee, a 'not current time' ghost, an abandoned house, music from....somewhere?

Wow, this is quite the novel idea for DS  [ghost_wacko]

I hate hate hate GS & DH...hate em!!!

Patti

What a Woman!