Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1061  (Read 710 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1061
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:26:10 AM »
Robservations #1061

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1061

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 02:52:15 AM »
Barnabas calls Roxanne over and over again. Meanwhile Julia doesn't. Julia looks very pretty having gone through fire and time. The learned to live without love scene is vey good and understated. Barnabas seems to awkwardly acknowledge and ignore it at the same time. So the roof of Collinwood has caved in wherever they are and Barnabas deduces it is the future as trees have grown to the door. I might think, having just left a burning Collinwood that I was in future PT or maybe another time. A new grave tells them it's 1995 and then the horror that David died in 1970. Then an elderly Mrs. Johnson babbles on in a crazed version of her normal self and whispers to go to the old shack  at Findlay's cove. Now I wouldn't call this a shack. I think of Laura's demise place as a shack. Anyway, the shack is filled with pieces of Collinwood. I thought this was great when it first aired and still do. The wreckage of the house is well done.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 04:26:18 AM »
We go from one Collinwood that is being destroyed to another Collinwood that already is destroyed.
Julia and Barnabas somehow find themselves 25 years in the future. Something horrible happened while they were off in parallel time. The house is in ruins and there is no trace of anyone.  This episode and the one it follows scared the hell out of me when I watched them initially. The two characters are understandably confused and overwhelmed. They will remain so, even as they gather more  information but little in the way of answers.
Welcome back, Mrs. Johnson. It's been too long, even if they managed to put Clarice in an even uglier wig. Mrs. Johnson knows something about what happened but she's too terrified to say anything. But terrified of what?
It seems that Mrs. Johnson may be the only person to have lived through whatever happened with her sanity relatively intact. But she's not spilling any beans, directing them to someone named Fredericks. (Surely not of Hollywood).
Barnabas seems to get over the separation from Roxanne rather quickly. Oh, he's still whiny but not quite as obsessive as he has been about Josette. For now, at least. Julia sets him straight with a heartbreaking speech about love. This is one of the most powerful scenes ever shown on DS. And Grayson really delivers.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
New Collinwood pic... though it's PT still.  I don't know why B&J don't speculate that it could be the PT future... too complicated?  The damage to the house could be connected to the fire, though.  Very good scene, with Julia talking about dealing with love that won't be returned.  They needed more of that.

Mrs. Johnson!  Clarice is great.  She threw herself right into that, all the way, and rewrote it too, Ill bet.  Tears! 

So in PT, that beach house was Roxanne's family's?  We've never seen it though? 
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 06:37:16 AM »
I had forgotten Mrs. Johnson in 1995.

This scene (1995), is arguably, one of the top 3 best in all of DS.

quote from Uncle Roger:
Fredericks. (Surely not of Hollywood).
lololololol......I had to think for a moment; it's been quite some time since I've heard that name!!

Ya know, David started out as literally a sociopath....yet, they sure do manipulate & kill him alot (barn door after....)

Patti
What a Woman!