Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1054  (Read 549 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1054
« on: March 14, 2016, 03:08:39 AM »
Robservations #1054

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1054

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:01:35 PM »
Roger decides to blame his sister's death on Q and moves her to the tower room where Maggie finds her. Maggie decides to take David and  Amy in to town  and refers to him as David again while talking to his mother. Have the writer's forgotten or KLS?  Roger, apparently filled with a love for killing, now decides to strangle Maggie.  Quite a lot happening.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:20:20 PM »
that big confrontation scene with Roger and Mags was so well shot.  I remember the camera moving maybe a full 360 degrees around them.  I don't remember any other time when this was done. It made the scene very dramatic and horrifying.

G.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:28:42 PM »
Louis Edmonds does some of his best work here as Roger's actions finally catch up with him.

Quentin and Maggie each seem to believe that the other murdered Elizabeth and Carolyn. Angelique seems surprisingly unconcerned about the situation, as long as it doesn't impact on her plans.
Julia attempts to make a run for it when Angelique visits her unpadded cell but no avail. How long can Julia survive? Can she survive at all?
Roger has possibly his first civil conversation ever with Maggie. He lets his guard down and inadvertently confesses what he's done. Maggie finally gets a clue and tries to make a run for it. Too late, it seems. Roger has already murdered three women. What's to stop him from making it four?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 03:17:05 AM »
Does Ang have a goal anymore, any plan?  What is it? 

Roger thinks he's being so subtle, manipulating Maggie further into suspecting Q, but he only sounds much more forced and suspicious.  Nice, short mysterious exchange between Roger and Angelique -- Are you going? asks Roger.  (To Liz's funeral.)  You aren't afraid of death? he asks, and Ang is startled.  Roger can't get enough of the strangling, this time with Maggie, end.  I missed the 360 degree shot, Gothick.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor