Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1053  (Read 975 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1053
« on: March 11, 2016, 01:30:36 AM »
Robservations #1053

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1053

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 08:07:08 PM »
Quite a lot happens here.
Angelique confronts Julia, who attempts to bluff her way through. Angelique appears to buy it but she has other plans. She lures Julia to a secret room where she has every plan to let Julia starve to death if she doesn't reveal Barnabas' secret. Will she tell all? Our noble Julia? Just a reminder, if Barnabas had killed Roxanne as he originally planned, Julia wouldn't be in this mess.
Nor would the scene in Angelique's room happened. Elizabeth is understandably troubled. She thinks that her daughter's spirit is trying to contact her and reveal who killed her. This unnerved Roger, which leads him to [spoiler]make a drunken confession to Angelique's portrait. Elizabeth overheard it and is horrified. Not just that her brother murdered her daughter but that her brother is even more of a scumbag than she may have suspected. Elizabeth puts up a good fight. Is this the only PT murder that we see on camera? Okay, Roger killed Carolyn and Elizabeth to cover his tracks. But what was his exact motive for killing Angelique. It seemed that they were thick as thieves. I get the impression that Angelique and Roger never hit the sheets. Was he that jealous? A crime of unrequited passion?[/spoiler]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
Julia denies she is Dr. Hoffman. Here should be plenty of ways Angelique could test this but she chooses not to. I was surprised Julia didn't just admit it.  Elizabeth comes down the stairs all satiny on shimmery. This proves to be her swan song as Roger later kills her and stuffs her in the window seat. Angeligue leads Hoffman into the depths of the deepest cellar and reveals she does not believe her and locks her in the secret chamber where Damian was interred and I'm feeling claustrophobic over this.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 02:55:26 AM »
Farewell Paralliz.  We and Joan are spared from the exact moment of death, which I think happens during a scene elsewhere.

Could Julia have beaten up Ang and gotten out of the room she's then locked into?  Can this Angelique physically stop an assailant?

It seems PT is now winding up.  We have some way to go with still-unnamed-Roxanne, though.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
I was thinking the same thing that Julia appears to be much more capable physically than A and she should at least try. Also the door of shelves has to be made of wood so smash it in or bop A over the head when she comes back.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 11:32:01 PM »
It seems PT is now winding up.

Of which I'm very sad about Magnus...  [snow_cry] [easter_cry]

[spoiler]But I've always enjoyed the next little jaunt into the 1995 future coming up... Albiet rather short.[/spoiler]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 05:25:16 AM »
Do you think Quentin might have murdered Angelique? asks Julia--"You do, don't you?"  Why are we trying so hard to help him? asks Julia. Even if he did kill Angelique, we can't allow her to destroy him, says Barn. (Guess he doesn't believe in an eye for an eye.) No man deserves that fate, says Barnabas. What can we do next?

No...I believe Barn didn't want yet ANOTHER Collins man married & murdered by Angelique.

What performances!!!! I had completely forgot about Roger and ((Liz)).

Imagine being in a very deep, dank, dark root cellar.....ickkkk.

Patti

[edited by admin]
What a Woman!