Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1051  (Read 685 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1051
« on: March 08, 2016, 07:04:02 PM »
Robservations #1051

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1051

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:38:22 PM »
Enter Claude North. He's rather easy on the eyes but not much more than that. He doesn't come across as a viable threat. I kept thinking that Maggie could kick his ass. Hell, Amy probably could too. If the part had been played by Humbert Allen Astredo, it would have been a far more interesting story, as Humbert would have given the character a level of eroticism and menace that Brian Sturdivant could not.
North tries to get through to Roxanne by showing her the jeweled dagger. She not only seems to recognize it. She actually fondled it. (Cyrus and his glove thing suddenly seem so vanilla.) Shades of Angelina Jolie!
Barnabas recruits Buffie Harrington to take the wandering Roxanne on as a roommate. Sure, why not put someone else in potential danger. Since we don't see Buffie on camera again, she, like Chris Collins, survives.
I guess that losing her daughter and soninlaw in rapid succession has finally taken its toll on Elizabeth. Heavy sedation under the circumstances is understandable.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:14:04 AM »
I an Claude North. This leaves no doubt what the mysterious man is called. Barnabas uses the old house phone which seems strange, though he must have used the phone in the main house in RT. Buffy is apparently still on the hook even if it's offscreen.  Barnabas so longs to know Roxanne. After all these centuries, poor Josette is cast aside and his love has died like grass upon the lawn.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 04:37:58 AM »
Brian Sturdivant comes across as VERY young, maybe even a teenager, bluffing his way through acting as if he's 35, by leaning heavily on an unnaturally deep (for his age) and throaty voice.  It all smacks of manufactured hearth-throb.

Buffie H is in this story, but offscreen.  It's nice to know she's around and safe, so far.  Barnabas uses her place to hide Roxanne.  On Maggie's Q dream... I have endless conversations with unreasonable family members in my head, too, just as bad or worse.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:14 AM »
I thought Roxanne was dead....

I'd forgotten about Claude North 'selling' Roxanne to Stokes. Wonder if there's a specific reason it's her....

Poor Liz.

Once Roxanne was fully up & conscious, shouldn't Angelexis have died?

Patti
What a Woman!