Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1050  (Read 636 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1050
« on: March 02, 2016, 01:26:16 AM »
Robservations #1050

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1050

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:36:02 PM »
Julia experiments again and thinks she may need black magic to revive Roxanne. I'm curious as to why they don't consider that Barnabas and Adam both lived and maybe the two women will also. The police found Q's gloves near the knife so naturally he is the one.  Roxanne awakens in a delayed reaction again. Meanwhile the mystery man is also walking about.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:46:32 PM »
Cowards kill, says Roger. [spoiler]How right he is.[/spoiler]

Carolyn Loomis was one of my favorite characters in this storyline. I was genuinely sorry to see her go. There is more time spent mourning her than most of the other characters here. Too often, Joan Bennett is relegated to the sidelines but she rises to the occasion here and gives one of her best performances. Julia's reaction is extremely stoic, almost cold. Roger shows more depth of character than he has in the past, trying to give Elizabeth some emotional support but with little success.
So who's hiding in the secret room? And why do they have a dagger at hand? Is this connected to Carolyn?
In a way, I'm surprised that Carolyn didn't come back as a ghost. She died tragically, without revealing the secret that took her life.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:07:14 PM »
Oh Rog, I soooo had a crush on Carolyn Loomis when I was a kid watching this... I wanted to take her all away from her pain and put her up in my parents' garage, or something like that.  [luv]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 04:44:01 AM »
Chuckle, RQ.

Louis E VO?  No blood on that 3 piece suit.  NO reaction from Julia, to Roger saying Carolyn was murdered. 

I think these two Rogers switched universes sometime in 1967 or so.  This seems like the Roger who laid into Maggie at the Blue Whale in 1966 for being a mere hash slinger.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:04:01 PM »
that would have been an awesome story line, maybe with even several characters switching.