Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1048  (Read 724 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1048
« on: February 28, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »
Robservations #1048

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1048

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:11:04 AM »
Inspector Hamilton appears at the Old House and he knew Julia in the past. Julia seems to have forgotten the special greeting they had and that his wife died 3 years ago and she attended the funeral. Oops!
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:45:11 AM »
NB VO.  I pictured the VO being interrupted by a hiccup.  I also imagined: "... one evil woman has set out to destroy Quentin and Maggie Collins and Jeff Lynne."  This is episode four in the Claude North hint-hint deluge.  I love drunken grieving Carolyn.    Hamilton appears at the Old House and Barnabas works overtime to sound as suspicious as inhumanly possible to the Inspector. 

An implied funeral has taken place.  When PT Roger puts on a suit, he channels RT Roger.  By Gordon Russell.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 04:52:53 PM »
Lots of talk about Claude North that ultimately goes nowhere.
Colin Hamilton is one of the most convincing short term DS players. He's quite convincing as a police officer and comes across as thoroughly professional. Yet he still manages to be kind and respectful towards Carolyn.
Nancy Barrett seems to having such fun in these episodes. Carolyn is genuinely mourning the loss of her husband and her grief will eventually get her into trouble. Right now, it's fun to watch her make fun of Julia and Barnabas.
Through Inspector Hamilton, we get some background on Hoffman. We can only wonder what her relationship was with the Richardson couple or with Jane Hamilton. Kindness and consideration aren't qualities that I immediately associate with Hoffman. Julia badly bungles her interview with the inspector. He's concerned for his friend. Unfortunately he expresses his concern to an already suspicious Angelique.
Carolyn seems to be on the verge of spilling the beans about Angelique to Roger. Will she? And who is eavesdropping?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
(Carolyn:) it really takes something terrible to shock the people in this house--people can kill each other, jump out of windows, can curse and hate each other, nobody seems to mind--but to be a morning drinker, THAT shocks people!

[laughing4] [laughing4]

Hysterical!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:48:49 PM »
Yes, I love that remark from Carolyn.  [ghost_grin]  And it would be even funnier if it wasn't so true!  [ghost_wink]