Author Topic: Alec Newman in Dracula (2013)  (Read 680 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Alec Newman in Dracula (2013)
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:28:05 AM »
Fans,

I finally found the DVD set for the Jonathan Rhys Meyers DRACULA series which aired on NBC in 2013-14.  The set includes several deleted scenes from various episodes.  I was surprised to see one between JRM and Alec Newman from Alec's episode; I think the title of it was "From Darkness to Light."

The scene lasts around 3 minutes and is pretty intense between the two.  Alec played a warrior from Vlad Tepes's court who had become a vampire and come to London to serve his former liege.  There is a kind of hypermale energy between the two that has some slashy overtones.  Because it aired on NBC, however, it's just suggested, nothing more.

I checked YT and I don't see any of this posted there.  I am thrilled to have the discs.  I found them on Amazon priced at $7.99 last week.

Best, G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Alec Newman in Dracula (2013)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:41:32 AM »
I haven't checked Amazon for it in a long time, but the last time I looked it was some ridiculous price like $35.99. I'll definitely check there again to see what it is now. And thanks for the heads up!  [snow_smiley]

I really enjoyed the series - it's shame that NBC didn't give it a chance. But then, Jonathan Rhys Meyers own real-life problems also contributed to it not getting a second season, so...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 04:21:01 AM »
OK, this one really is Off Topic but it somewhat pertains to this thread--it was announced today that Jonathan Rhys Meyers will be joining the cast of VIKINGS next season.

Nothing remotely related to DS, but VIKINGS is a very cool show.  I have only seen the first season but for those interested in that period of history, it's a beautifully accomplished production.  For costume junkies, the clothes are awesome.  I saw a Youtube video where the main costume designer (who heads up what I believe to be a fairly large team of craftspeople) was interviewed about the clothes created for the first year.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 11:53:52 PM »