Author Topic: OT: My Holiday Surgery :-(  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: My Holiday Surgery :-(
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 12:57:50 AM »
Thanks Magnus!  Every few years I get to this weird state of new "normalcy", which by most accounts is far removed from that word, but your body and mind adjusts to its new limitations and quirks that gets you back to at least my own "normal".  Things are much better definitely. 

Although reading that back to myself, it sounds like something a new prisoner in jail adjusting to his new surroundings would write back home to his relatives... Weird indeed.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 05:17:50 AM »
The things you say and think about seem sort of similar to what goes through my head, because of my condition/situation, which involves extreme symptoms, isolation, and a sense of being "pinned to the mat", prevented from doing anything about my situation BY the situation, Catch-22.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 06:28:19 AM »
Although reading that back to myself, it sounds like something a new prisoner in jail adjusting to his new surroundings would write back home to his relatives... Weird indeed.

[laughing6] [laughing4] [lol2] [laughing4]

OMG...you know how just sometimes, you'll read something that strikes you as hysterical? Well, baby, you cracked me up with the above!!!

Glad you're doing 'better'.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 12:12:20 AM »
Awesome Patti!  Thanks!!  [snow_smiley] [snow_smiley]

And Magnus, I hope that at least you're not completely isolated as long as the DS forum is alive and kicking! I hope that you can find a new normal soon sir.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 06:48:55 AM »

[laughing6] [laughing4] [lol2] [laughing4]

OMG...you know how just sometimes, you'll read something that strikes you as hysterical? Well, baby, you cracked me up with the above!!!

It really is the same sort of thing.  It's how I feel.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 06:24:08 PM »
I do know what you mean sir.  I hope your situation gets better.