Author Topic: If they used Joel Fabiani in Leviathan as Paul Stoddard  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
If they used Joel Fabiani in Leviathan as Paul Stoddard
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:34:30 PM »
I am not that familiar with Joel Fabiani, who played Paul Stoddard for one episode where Liz talks about his death, except for his brief run on Dynasty.  What if DC hired him to play Paul instead of Dennis Patrick?  How do any you think he would have done in the part?

Joey

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: If they used Joel Fabiani in Leviathan as Paul Stoddard
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 08:43:34 AM »
I am not that familiar with Joel Fabiani, who played Paul Stoddard for one episode where Liz talks about his death, except for his brief run on Dynasty.  What if DC hired him to play Paul instead of Dennis Patrick?  How do any you think he would have done in the part?

If this is the episode Im thinking of (when Liz talked about what happened on the night she thought she killed P.S) during the flashback scene then I don't remember his face ever being shown.    I may be wrong but as I recall they only showed him from the back never showing his face.  If this is correct then this alone would make it difficult to decide how he would fit in the role.  I personally thought Dennis Patrick did such a good job at playing P.S. that it would be hard imagining someone else doing the part.

Also, do you remember what role he played on Dynasty?

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 01:50:14 AM »
Quote from: Cassandra
Also, do you remember what role he played on Dynasty?

According to IMDb, King Galen of Moldavia.

Boy, is it cooooool to be able to surf the web!!!!

Patti

PS, interesting sidenote, he was also in the movie, "Snake Eyes", playing Charles Kirkland.
What a Woman!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 10:30:41 AM »
According to IMDb, King Galen of Moldavia.
PS, interesting sidenote, he was also in the movie, "Snake Eyes", playing Charles Kirkland.

Thanks Patti! 

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »
I didn't see him on Dynasty, but I did see him on Dallas where he played Alex Ward. He was SOOOOOO dull and lacked so much charisma. I don't know if that was just him or the writers's fault, but either way the character just wasn't appealing.

All in all I liked Dennis Patrick as Paul, I thought it was a brilliant stroke of casting, too. Dennis was so fantastic played the despicable Jason McGuire, then went on to play the older, wiser and kinder Paul Stoddard later on. Shows you what a versitle actor he was.

(BTW Dennis also was on Dallas where he played so brillliantly the Ewing's sleazy banker Vaughn Leland).

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 06:38:07 PM »
(BTW Dennis also was on Dallas where he played so brillliantly the Ewing's sleazy banker Vaughn Leland).

And he was one in a long list of suspects because he had threatened to get back at JR, though at the time I thought it was too obvious.  Even the bookies gave him longer odds than most of the others, so they must've seen it as a red herring too.