Author Topic: well I NEVER!! (Night of Iguana)  (Read 914 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
well I NEVER!! (Night of Iguana)
« on: September 21, 2004, 02:45:13 PM »
All the times Night of Iguana has been mentioned here, I figured, well, I've seen that...and I have seen the ending...but I guess I'd missed the first 2/3rds...so, with your indulgence, my 'take'...

First, R. Burton in 'ocean' with Carolyn (I know it's not Nancy Barrett, but, considering it was a couple of years before DS & that would make said blonde SYT Carolyn's age, we'll call her Caroyn). They're in the ocean, though, there's no real oceanic movement (IMHO, sloppy cinematography/editing). But, who cares.....CAUSE, NEXT WE SEE GRAYSON JUMPING!!! I died when she's running to the waves & she slightly jumps down towards shore!!!!!

Then, again bad editing, etc, the water is still, then, breaking against Grayson's legs (while the water Burton & Carolyn are in is still, like a lake).

I had fun watching this....who else would've like to seen more action between Grayson & Ava Gardner?? Also, I would've L O V E D to see Grayson in Ms. Gardner's role... (very 'gypsy-ish
, no?).

(PS>>>I would've enjoyed seeing that 'Troy Donohue' wanna be grab Grayson too :-X )
Well, thanks for letting me go on!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

ClaudeNorth

Re: well I NEVER!! (Night of Iguana)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 09:34:59 PM »
Welcome to the NOTI cult, Patti!   ;D

Jean-Claude

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 09:43:22 PM »
I've read too that the beach scene was a last minute addition . .Houston found that cove and decided to use it--Grayson's very on edge in that scene (a little too one might dare say--)  I don't know that it was the source of her Oscar nom .. i like to think her last scene where she goes from malevolence to innocence in a split second is the Oscar moment. ..and then her hesitation at the top of the step, for a moment considering/wondering and then rushing off--I believe Judith knew what Maxine meant--otherwise she would've stayed angry/mad and vitrolic toward Burton but the immediate switch i think signifies that she knew she was about to be "outed". . .??
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 09:57:06 PM »
You DEFIED me!  You DELIBERATELY defied ME!

You BE-HE-HEEE-HEEE-EAST!!!

G.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »
i like to think her last scene where she goes from malevolence to innocence in a split second is the Oscar moment. ..and then her hesitation at the top of the step, for a moment considering/wondering and then rushing off--I believe Judith knew what Maxine meant--otherwise she would've stayed angry/mad and vitrolic toward Burton but the immediate switch i think signifies that she knew she was about to be "outed". . .??

YES - YES - Absolutely, J99! You hit the nail on the proverbial head there...[/size][/color]

Sorry...was the moving text a tad too much? :-* And of course you know who I think could help Judith come to terms with...a lot of things.  ;D

Secretly plotting,

Heather ;)

p.s. Steve, you're a riot... lol

p.p.s. Welcome to the cult, Patti. Hey Jean-Claude...is there a special initiation ceremony involved? Downing some rum cocos as one gallops down the beach on an adrenaline high...or something?  ;D

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*