Author Topic: Wave of the Future (Even Past 1995)  (Read 978 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Wave of the Future (Even Past 1995)
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:13:54 AM »
Alright, when I had orig. bought the Depp DS, there's code thingy inside DVD case.

Now, I've just purchased my 2nd Blu ray ("True Story" with J. Hill & J. Franco).

There's a whole 'hoopla':

Get your Digital Version of True Story with digital HD. Instantly stream and dowload.

3 Easy Steps

Go to FoxRedeem.com (I tried, it never would load)
Enter the redemption code below
Select your preferred service to redeem your movie.

Okay, HUH?

I have the DVD...
if I enter the redemption code onto my computer, wouldn't that take up a sizeable amount of RAM or whatever?
But, if I do it, and I'm at a friends (and I know the magic code), could we watch my 'movie', without having the disc there?

Instantly stream & DL to:
TV
Computer
Tablet
Smartphone

I reiterate, HUH?

I put this here, not on testing, because, again, it was 'similar-ish' to the inside of my Depp/DS (that wasn't blu ray AND there was a time constraint).

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Wave of the Future (Even Past 1995)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
I think it's similar to how a friend shared some BATMAN episodes with me over the New Year's holiday some months back. You can store the material on a "cloud" service or a website and then if you're standing in line somewhere or on an airplane or whatever, you can watch it.

It shouldn't take up RAM on your computer.  You might want to google one of the phrases you quoted and there is probably information someone has provided on how this works.

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Wave of the Future (Even Past 1995)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 06:11:43 PM »
What Gothick said.  The movies are stored in the service's digital cloud and you sign in to watch them on any device you've listed (with current Adobe Flash).  FOXREDEEM.COM offers support.

I put this here, not on testing, because, again, it was 'similar-ish' to the inside of my Depp/DS (that wasn't blu ray AND there was a time constraint).

HUH?  (I'm being silly, sorry.  [ghost_embarrassed]  As you can see, it ended up here.)