Author Topic: Makeup  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Makeup
« on: March 23, 2002, 04:31:00 AM »
I thought today's 1st eps makeup was very good.
I loved Josette's (I though emerald green) eyeshadow with the dark eyelashes and her dark clothes made TLATKLS look EXTRA scrumptious ::)
Then, when Joshua was talking to mortal Barn, I thought they made Louis look good; older than Barn fer sure, plus the furrowed brow and dust made him look haggard (appropo for the part).
I also thought Barn looked the part of a dying man; ashen and in general green around the gills.   ;)

Have a good weekend!
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Makeup
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2002, 04:46:22 AM »
I thought today's 1st eps makeup was very good.
I loved Josette's (I though emerald green) eyeshadow with the dark eyelashes and her dark clothes made TLATKLS look EXTRA scrumptious ::)

Have a good weekend!

That's Ringo's cue-Hear the stroking of that keyboard now! ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2002, 05:13:34 AM »
Have a good weekend!

i'm sure there was a lot of emerald eye shadow in 1795. . .what tarts those French girls were. . .and Natalie with her ever-moving beauty mark. . .DS make up . . i got lots to say about the makeup.

And I'd like to hear others impressions of the makeup of the stars over the years.  I'll just go with my (don't roll you eyes!):-* favorite. . .Grayson's makeup. . okay
Julia's intro--boring duds and subtle makeup
Natalie-curly hair, still limited makeup, too much taffeta, and roving beauty marks

[shadow=red,left,300]Dr Julia Hoffman revealed--[/shadow]TONS OF MAKEUP! Eyeliner, big eyelashers, lipstick galore! Jewelry by the caseloads. . .too much eye makeup!  When I saw a scene of Grayson from 1980s on One Life to Live, I thought she was naked! where's all the eyemake up?? (see below)

Towards the end of DS though, they changed Grayson's  eye makeup from black to brown and its was so much nicer, very flattering and she looked younger. . . (see my icon left for example).

Now Joan Bennett.  .her makeup. . I can't trace a history like I can w/GH but sometimes it was exquisite and other times, like crayola's all over her face. . Who knows the history of the makeup artists on DS?? Do tell. . .
Julia99

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2002, 08:19:03 AM »
That's Ringo's cue-Hear the stroking of that keyboard now! ;)

Funny, I didn't notice! [jester]

TLATKLS would look great in any thing, or noth......

Scrumptious is a great word!

[intresting choice of words, VAM]

Is that the keyboard you hear now? ;)
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline akhet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2002, 02:17:17 PM »
lol

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2002, 04:16:11 PM »
[intresting choice of words, VAM]

Is that the keyboard you hear now? ;)

Ringo,

Did you expect me to get graphic? I am too young for X-rated...

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2002, 06:21:12 PM »

I agree Patti. KLS looks great in black. But as Ringo alluded to below, she looks good in just about any thing. ;)
Speaking of Ringo.( Hi There Ringo) I found this smiley and though of him and Allen Collins. As a matter of fact, I have named this smiley ringo. ;D

Feel free to use it from the link Im providing, or you can upload it to your WEB  space.

Click the image icon above and insert this url

http://members.aol.com/bobubas/ringo.gif

Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2002, 11:40:41 PM »
>I have named this smiley ringo<

Why, thanky Bobu!  [I have used that one over at GameShowNetwork, m'self, but didn't know I could grab it for here!][and at first I though yer avatar du jour was Jay Leno ~ cringe!]

Cheers,
Ringo
[who handed the Ticketmonster over 22 hundred dollars today with three shows going on sale in one bloody hour! .... and the wifey and her sister just wanted 'cheep' seats for ONE atlanta show!!!  58 dollars in 'service' charges alone!  Silly love songs my arse!]  I gotta lie down for a while!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2002, 08:15:26 AM »
>I have named this smiley ringo<

Why, thanky Bobu!  [I have used that one over at GameShowNetwork, m'self, but didn't know I could grab it for here!][and at first I though yer avatar du jour was Jay Leno ~ cringe!]

Cheers,
Ringo
[who handed the Ticketmonster over 22 hundred dollars today with three shows going on sale in one bloody hour! .... and the wifey and her sister just wanted 'cheep' seats for ONE atlanta show!!!  58 dollars in 'service' charges alone!  Silly love songs my arse!]  I gotta lie down for a while!

!
oh but he is so worth it you are a GREAT Man Ringo !
what a lucky  wifey!hope they enjoy the show!may the swooning begin!! ;)

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2002, 08:19:22 AM »

I agree Patti. KLS looks great in black. But as Ringo alluded to below, she looks good in just about any thing. ;)
Speaking of Ringo.( Hi There Ringo) I found this smiley and though of him and Allen Collins. As a matter of fact, I have named this smiley ringo. ;

Feel free to use it from the link Im providing, or you can upload it to your WEB  space.

Click the image icon above and insert this url

http://members.aol.com/bobubas/ringo.gif

Bob where do you get all those little guys getting the quote to come out was a big deal to me!! also kinda
miss the other Bill but this one is cool too! ?!?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2002, 08:28:42 AM »

i'm sure there was a lot of emerald eye shadow in 1795. . .what tarts those French girls were. . .and Natalie with her ever-moving beauty mark. . .DS make up . . i got lots to say about the makeup.

And I'd like to hear others impressions of the makeup of the stars over the years.  I'll just go with my (don't roll you eyes!):-* favorite. . .Grayson's makeup. . okay
Julia's intro--boring duds and subtle makeup
Natalie-curly hair, still limited makeup, too much taffeta, and roving beauty marks

[shadow=red,left,300]Dr Julia Hoffman revealed--[/shadow]TONS OF MAKEUP! Eyeliner, big eyelashers, lipstick galore! Jewelry by the caseloads. . .too much eye makeup!  When I saw a scene of Grayson from 1980s on One Life to Live, I thought she was naked! where's all the eyemake up?? (see below)

Towards the end of DS though, they changed Grayson's  eye makeup from black to brown and its was so much nicer, very flattering and she looked younger. . . (see my icon left for example).

Now Joan Bennett.  .her makeup. . I can't trace a history like I can w/GH but sometimes it was exquisite and other times, like crayola's all over her face. . Who knows the history of the makeup artists on DS?? Do tell. . .

Julia 99

love that picture I loved Grayson I think she really is my favorite female of the series! Do they have any place that shows old soaps love to see her again in OLTL

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2002, 08:30:45 PM »

and Natalie with her ever-moving beauty mark. . .DS make up . . i got lots to say about the makeup.

As far as the beauty mark/patch goes, the fact that it moved was actually historically accurate, albeit a bit out of date for 1795.  It was fashionable for ladies to wear patches of different shapes.  The shape and location of the patch meant different things.

Maybe she took matters into her own hands and started doing her own?

I have this theory that there were two sets of makeup people.  The ones who used the trowel approach and who were probably nearsighted and the ones who knew what they were doing  ;D

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2002, 09:23:54 PM »
I have this theory that there were two sets of makeup people.  The ones who used the trowel approach and who were probably nearsighted and the ones who knew what they were doing  ;D

Luciaphil

I know I read it in a source (think it was one of the Almanacs or Companion) that Kathryn Leigh Scott did her own makeup for the Series. It could be that some of the other ladies followed suit.

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2002, 09:33:48 PM »

From J99...

"Dr Julia Hoffman revealed--TONS OF MAKEUP! Eyeliner, big eyelashers, lipstick galore!"

I dunno...I kind of liked the caterpillar under the eyes look...

MrsJ.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2002, 11:18:47 PM »

As far as the beauty mark/patch goes, the fact that it moved was actually historically accurate, albeit a bit out of date for 1795.  It was fashionable for ladies to wear patches of different shapes.  The shape and location of the patch meant different things.

Tekkwryter (sp)....you'd know...is this correct??
Any more info on this?
Thanks
Patti
What a Woman!