Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0954  (Read 596 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0954
« on: July 25, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
Robservations #954

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0954

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »
Lisa Richards VO.  Starts with Nick and Meg in the "garden" at Collinwood, where they're fairly visible.  Barnabas, just wanting to get on with things now, bites Megan and grills her for data.  Vampire attacks as a learning tool, only on DS!  I actually enjoy those kinds of DS twists.  Megan the new vampire victim gets some very peaceful background music.  Apparently one finds peace with blood loss.  I knew it made you light-headed, maybe that's it.

This is my first viewing of the Ang/Nick reunion scene, after having seen 1968, so, even better.  Nick's more intense about everything this time around, including mocking, biting humor.  Well, one thing leads to another, and by the end, Sky is about to burn his beloved wife up with a torch.  And his own house presumably.  End.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
To this day, I'm still sure if Nicholas was brought in to refocus the Leviathan story which has gone off in several odd directions or to bring the storyline to a quick resolution.

It does bring Angelique (and Sky, unfortunately) back to Collinsport where it will be easier to weave her back into interaction with the core characters.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:28:14 PM »
DS Wiki says that Lara Parker does the opening voiceover, which makes sense, because she's in this ep. and Lisa Richards isn't.

Megan is so angry that she actually grabs Nick by the lapels, vowing to kill him--and she probably could, since she's at least as tall as he is. Nicholas is almost amazed at Megan. In a deadly quiet voice, he tells her, Take your hands off me. Megan suddenly realizes she’s made a big mistake. Never threaten me again, Nicholas warns her, still in the same quiet voice. [Apparently the elementals are in sympathy, because the fountain gradually winds down over the course of the scene.] Nick tells Megan--rather unwisely--that his, um, superiors have given him a second chance. He reminds her rather pointedly that Jeb is the only indispensable individual in his plot. Why the Forces of Darkness and Evil find Collinsport so attractive is beyond me--but then, that's we we have the show.

Barn bites Megan, who instantly transfers her loyalty from Jeb to him and rats on Sky Rumson.

Angelique has complied with her husband’s wishes and is indeed looking her best. She is now wearing a long black satin gown that sets off her piled-up blond hair. Sky tells her that their impending visitor is responsible for all of his (Sky's) success. She goes upstairs to wait so she can make a big entrance.

Barn bats himself straight to Angelique's room. Sounding a bit like Millicent, Angelique squeaks that if anyone sees him, she'll be ruined. In my present state, I should be able to get out without being seen, Barnabas answers with a strange, ironic glint in his eyes. What are you talking about? she asks. You, of all people, can see what has happened to me, he replies quietly. She looks at him for a long moment. As she begins to understand, her face is filled with genuine shock and sadness. How and why did it happen? she asks sorrowfully. Still smiling faintly, Barnabas replies, It happened the same way it did a long time ago. Jeb found out about me--from Sky. Angelique is completely stunned. I can’t believe that Sky is a Leviathan! she exclaims. He has been one for years, Barnabas replies.

Suddenly Sky calls to Angelique. Barn hides while Sky gives Angelique a present--and the teeny tiny head of the Apollo Belevedere makes its debut on the show. Angelique is deeply touched. The doorbell rings downstairs, and Sky rushes out with almost childlike eagerness to greet his visitor. You really love him, don’t you? Barnabas marvels. Angelique explains, Sky remembered the statuette even though I only casually mentioned that I liked it. Do you expect me to believe that this is not a good man? Please investigate what I’ve told you, Barnabas implores her. I don’t think there’s any reason to, she replies angrily. I think you should leave now.

Sky and Nick are talking when Angelique comes downstairs. She starts to greet her husband's guest--and is struck speechless when she sees who it is.

Nick enjoys baiting Angelique even more than he did in 1968. These two go back a long, long, long way.

Alone with her husband, Angelique lets him have it about being a Leviathan. He tries to recruit her, but she screams at him and runs out.

Nicholas returns. I heard every word, he tells Sky. Did Angelique know you from somewhere else? Sky asks. Yes, she does, Nicholas replies succinctly, but there is no time to tell you now where it was or when. We are faced with an emergency. I think Angelique must become one of us immediately, Sky says. She never can, Nicholas replies. It is impossible, and because of the way she now feels about you she can only be our enemy--our very dangerous enemy. You have a decision to make now: Angelique or the Leviathans. Sky refuses to decide, so Nicholas decides for him. He gets a small torch and lights it at the fireplace. He tells Sky, Just as the Leviathans made your position and way of life possible, they can just as easily undo it. You can either hold on to Angelique and destroy your empire, or she must be destroyed. He holds out the torch to Sky: There is no other way. You must destroy her. We will never make a stronger test of your loyalty. I strongly advise you not to fail it. Sky pauses a moment to compose himself--then takes the torch.

Upstairs, Angelique is frantically cramming things into a suitcase when Sky comes in, holding the torch. Oh, Sky! she screams. What are you going to do? I wanted it to work, he replies. I really wanted you to be with me, and I’m sorry that you can’t. Goodbye, Angelique! He moves into the room, holding the torch toward her as she screams....