Author Topic: Return to Collinwood script book  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Return to Collinwood script book
« on: August 19, 2004, 04:22:23 PM »
Haven't noticed the cover elsewhere, so...

Only a limited number of these books were available at the Fest in the registration area.  I purchased mine on Saturday and had it signed by the author (the only autograph I sought this weekend) and by Sunday they were sold out.  When I approached Jamison I learned that he and his father were seeing it for the first time and seemed very pleased with it.  I think it was $15 but please correct me if that's not right.  This is, of course, the script for Jamison Selby's audio drama performed during the cast reunion at the 2003 Fest.  The CD was on sale separately at the MPI table.  (Several people asked me the cost of the CD so I would love to know in order to pass it along.)

Inside the cover are photos of Jamison and the cast.  Included are writer's notes and a foreword by David Selby. :).

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Return to Collinwood script book
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 04:55:40 PM »
Thanks for posting this, Midnite.  I didn't really get to talk to Jamison during the event.  He seemed a bit overwhelmed (understandably) by all the frou-frou.

My comment on the radio drama--I really wish a video were being offered of the performance.  I would find that more interesting than the audio CD.

Does the book contain the original draft, in which Laura Collins appeared?  I heard there was a last minute rewrite when Diana pulled out.

xo, Gothick (you guys crack me up with your sig files!)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 06:11:51 PM »
It's the rewrite with Terry Crawford's character.

Quote from: Gothick
(you guys crack me up with your sig files!)

Go thick!   ;D

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 06:46:10 PM »
My comment on the radio drama--I really wish a video were being offered of the performance.  I would find that more interesting than the audio CD.

It was never intended to be anything but a radio drama along the lines of what David has done with LA Theatre Works. They perform in front of a live audience and eventually release material to radio and then to compact disc.

Video is typically not part of the mix, and part of that has to do with LATW trying to create an environment that allows actors to experiment with new material with minimal rehearsal time without dealing with the pressures involved with television and film productions.

I'm not sure how well a video would sell anyway, since there was grousing aplenty by some fans following the original staging because the actors were "just reading." Some actors were "just reading" on the original series, so I don't see the big deal.  :P

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Online ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 09:30:40 PM »
The CD was on sale separately at the MPI table.  (Several people asked me the cost of the CD so I would love to know in order to pass it along.)

I got the CD for $20.00.  The script did sell for $15.00.

ProfStokes

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 10:38:50 PM »
I want a CD of  Professor Stokes cover of "hey Vicki"   ;D   I bet that was a blast.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 04:08:10 AM »
...Inside the cover are photos of Jamison and the cast.  Included are writer's notes and a foreword by David Selby. :).

I'm very jealous.  The only thing I really had in mind that I wanted to get at the Fest were the script and the CD.  I quickly realized if I DID get them, I wouldn't have had enough money for tolls on the way home.  Is that pathetic, or what?

-CLC
Sad State Of Affairs Department
 :'( :'( :'( :'(
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>