Author Topic: Today's Photo Collage - I'm Seeing Things!  (Read 986 times)

ClaudeNorth

Today's Photo Collage - I'm Seeing Things!
« on: August 18, 2004, 04:37:01 AM »
Okay, when I first glimpsed the last two photos in today's collage (of Carolyn and the werewolf), I thought the characters were under water!  I actually tried to recall the episode in which Carolyn and the werewolf were involved in an underwater chase!  Thankfully, I realized very quickly that there were never any scenes on DS that took place under water.  However, the blue-green haze in both photos does give it that look.

Regards,

John (suffering from both a cold and travel fatigue)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Photo Collage - I'm Seeing Things!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 08:09:11 AM »
No, you're not!!  I hadn't really looked at the pictures before reading this earlier, but I just saw them now, and they really DO look like they're underwater.  How weird!  ???
Josette

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 03:34:56 PM »
Hi Jean-Claude!  lovely meeting you and spending time with you at the Festival last weekend.  Sorry to hear about the cold, but hardly surprising given the *glacial* temps in that hotel!  I (thank the Gods) don't have a cold but have felt worn out and run down since coming home.

Oh, I well remember the atmospheric effect achieved for that episode.  One of my favorite moments was when the werewolf (played, incidentally, by brilliant stuntman Alex Stevens--I heard him give a talk about his work on the show at, I believe, the '95 Festival) spends a moment hovering over Tom Jennings' tombstone.  I thought that was a neat salute to one of the most popular storylines of the preceding summer.

Best,  Steve

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:23:47 PM »
have felt worn out and run down since coming home.

I think most of us are probably still feeling worn out. I know I am. But I suppose after living on pure adrenalin for who knows how many days, we're bound to crash once we get home. 

I'm sorry I missed meeting you at the Fest, Jean-Claude - hopefully next time.  :)

As for those two captures, I'd never noticed the under-water-like effect either, but I guess it has a lot to do with the fog swirling on the set that day.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 03:08:52 AM »
The scary part is that I was truly convinced, for a few seconds, that there were underwater scenes on DS!  :o

MB, I'm sorry we missed each other.  However, there's always next year, and the year after that.

Great meeting you too, Gothick.  Glad you mentioned Alex Stevens' talk at the '95 Fest.  Were you there when John Karlen told the story about AS breaking his legs during the filming of NODS, taking morphine, and becoming a homeless drug addict on the Lower East Side of NYC?  I was sure that AS showed up at some of the Fests, so the story didn't ring true with me.

Very odd...

Jean-Claude

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 03:59:22 PM »
Hi Jean-Claude,

yeah, I thought Karlen either had Alex confused with somebody else, or else that at some point, Alex had been down and out.

I thought he looked very healthy and "wore his years lightly," as the saying goes...

I think Darren did tell me, when we spoke after his presentation, that Alex was in an accident during the filming of NoDS and suffered some breaks.  Back in those days, film crews tended to be a lot less careful and far fewer safety precautions were in place.  I'll never forget a harrowing story Grayson told about the filming of Gargoyles.

Steve