Author Topic: CrazyJenny's Fest photos  (Read 1347 times)

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
CrazyJenny's Fest photos
« on: August 17, 2004, 09:43:42 PM »
Here are some pictures of my fiancee and his two favorite girls, Lara Parker and me ;-)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CrazyJenny's Fest photos
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 09:51:31 PM »
Here are a few more pics from Saturday.  The group photo and Nancy Barrett signing autographs

"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 09:59:12 PM »
and finally, just for the girls who didn't make it to Times Square at any point, I bring you "the naked cowboy"!

I had a wonderful time at the fest.  It was my first trip with my fiancee and also the first time I've been to a fest with anyone other than my dad.  It's still hard to believe some times that he's been gone for three and a half years.  Anyway, thanks everyone who met Josh and was so wonderful to him.  He had a great time and is already asking about next year!

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 11:16:43 PM »
Hi. Jenny!  Glad to see you enjoyed the sights & sounds of NYC, incuding The Naked Cowboy, who's quite a Times Square fixture!  I only hope that the next Festival will take place at a hotel that has direct access to more outside stores/restaurants!  I felt absolutely STUCK there- at least at the Manhattan and Brooklyn Marriotts there were places to go to on the outside to buy food cheaply instead of being charged an arm and a leg for lunch.  (Sorry, but I still can't get over having to pay $17.00 for a Reuben sandwich and a slice of cheesecake!  In Manhattan I could get that meal TWICE for the same price!)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 03:30:42 AM »
The Naked Cowboy!  I talked to him a couple years back.  He's actually rather shy.  I wonder if he's a Dark Shadows fan?

Gerard

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 03:32:25 AM »
Charles, I understand that the prices were high at the hotel in Tarrytown.  How much did you pay for the rubber chicken and tiramisu? hehe ;)

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 08:29:24 AM »
Actually, it was a club sandwich with the tiramisu, and it cost MORE!  Maybe next time we'll have catering from "The Blue Whale"!!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 08:19:25 PM »
...and Nancy Barrett signing autographs
Well hats off to you CrazyJenny for being speedy and fortunate enough to get both an autograph (I assume) and a photo of NB.  Due to my own stupid luck and a life-long lack of talent at choosing the right line to stand in, I ended up waaaaay at the back once again. I was holding up pretty well in spite of myself until it was announced that Nancy Barrett had left the autograph table and was not planning to return. This was just as I was about to make it to the first table. I heard she wasn't feeling well and I hope she's better but still - how frustrating!

Thanks for posting your photos!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 08:45:41 PM »
No, I actually didn't get an autograph.  I haven't stood in the autograph line for several years.  I'm a member of the committee so I was able to get close enough to get that picture.  I was supposed to get David Selby's autograph for my step father, but was always busy with other things when he was signing.  Oh well!