Author Topic: Off to the Fest  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Off to the Fest
« on: August 12, 2004, 03:16:38 AM »
Hello to all,
I have been offline for a bit due to some computer issues but I see I have missed many birthday greetings. I want to reply to all who have had recent birthdays that I wish you all the best and hope your day brought you much happiness and good memories.
I probably will see a few of you at the fest so maybe we can celebrate with a few cocktails during the weekend.
I was all ready for a nice quiet evening to get ready to go and what happens, my sister comes home from the park with a Cat and her four kittens. We have spent a good part of the evening caring for our new friends and making them feel welcome. The kittens are approx. 3 weeks old, still nursing and quite enchanting. Mama cat seems to be very thankful we took her in. She looks like she hasn't had a meal in quite a bit. So I feel abit quilty leaving my sister to care for the new cats and my dog who needs medication twice a day. But what the heck, I am determined to have a good time anyway.
I cannot wait to see everyone and catch up on all the news. I will miss seeing some old friends who cannot make it but I know you will all be there with us in spirit.
I wish everyone a safe trip and see you in about 24 hours!!
Love Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Off to the Fest
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 04:42:06 AM »
Awwwww!  They sound so adorable  :)

Have fun at the fest, since I won't be there, I won't have a chance to meet you.
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 12:46:57 PM »
Here's the $64,000 question:

WHO'S GOING TO BE POSTING PICS IN A TIMELY MANNER??

Salivatingly,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:08:44 PM »
   I don't know about pictures, but we are leaving in 5 minutes, from Maryland, where we stayed overnight at the wife's folks to get a head start. Now its on to Sleepy Hollow. Might I reccomend the Horseman Diner to other fest attendees. We've always had a good meal there. Its right on the right on the way to the cemetary.
       Should take us 4-5 hours depending on the weather (more rain!  :'( ) and the NJ turnpike.
        Quick question, Diane and I use the fest as a start for the rest of our vacation. We've been to NYCV, Essex CT, Newport RI, and this year will go to Boston & Salem after the show. Any other fest people travel to sites, DS related or otherwise after the show? Works for us.
       See you all in Tarrytown

Michael
       Your Cousin from Virginia
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 10:00:54 PM »
Quick question, Diane and I use the fest as a start for the rest of our vacation. We've been to NYCV, Essex CT, Newport RI, and this year will go to Boston & Salem after the show. Any other fest people travel to sites, DS related or otherwise after the show?

Well, though it's not really like a vacation for me because I only live about 30 minutes away, my favorite thing to do after the Fest is visit Seaview with fans who've never been there. It's like reliving the first time I went but through their eyes. It's always a lot of fun, and I'll be making that sort of trip again this year.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 11:58:03 PM »
I will be posting pics as soon as I get home as I have a digital camera now.  Though, the location in Tarrytown makes a harder commute back to Queens and then to Manhattan for other plans. In between I have the dogs to feed and walk.  I won't be at the fest as much this year as in prior years.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 01:12:26 AM »
i procrastinated and now the hotel is booked :'(.so i will be on the first train to tarrytown saturday morning.i hope to meet some of you there!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 03:13:42 AM »
All of you festers have a great time, take lots of pictures, have a drop or 2 of Sherry, and be safe in your travels!     ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 03:51:01 AM »
I'll be visiting cousins in Tarrytown this weekend.

REAL ones....as in "my mother's sister's kids"...... :D

But I'll be looking in on my "other" cousins too...... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas